Installing lights?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Jonnie, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Hey all, amazing site. Just getting all my supplies together and after i bought some cfl's this weekend i just realised i have NFI how to install them?
    I have the fixtures i want to use, just stumped as of how to run electricity to the fixture. is there some sort of magical cord that i can hook up to the fixture the lights are on, and the other end plug into a powerpoint? or will it be some spiderman roof crawling shit?
    Any help be much apreciated and apologies for the noob ass question (i did have a search on here and another site but could not find anything specific) :smoking:

2. #3 Jonnie, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
    haha dam, thats exactly what i was looking for, thanks dude. Should have mentioned that i am in Australia, any aussies out there know where i could find these things? Either way think im on the right track and should be able to hunt some down. :smoking:

EDIT: Cant seem to find any of thoes hangers displayed above in aus.

3. hey man an Aussi here!

Yeh for some reason they make installing your own lights fuckin hard in this country, all the good american products arnt stocked for some reason..

Anywhos! I went to Bunnings, and bought 4 light fixtures for my 4 cfls.. $5ea
    (They were white and looked like the little cylinder thing's on the tops of lamps where the bulb goes in)

I also purchased 4 extension chords... Only short 2m ones, they were like $2 ea..

What you do is cut off the female end of the extension chord, strip back the wire so you have positive and negative (usually red and black but not always, trial and error was a bitttchhh) and attach the + extension wire to the + on your light socket and same with negative... Repeat for each light, test each one before you assemble it and all that..

4. #6 Got Milk, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
    Yeah bunnings is fucking useless..

The exact same thing happened to me when i was dealing with lighting there.. The dude was no use, shot down some of the things i had in mind without offereing any substitute and yeh pretty much just acted as if i was asking the impossible.. I asked about Y splitters for lights, light fixture/connecters that plugs right into a powerboard and light sockets for screw in cfls... He said none of those things existed... Im thiking wow... This guy should check out the grows on grasscity...

Glad i helped a little, Pm for more details

Edit... Also you should check out this site - AussiPonics Grow supplies