Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Insomnia after smoking

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gmantheman, Aug 7, 2018.

1. I have tried a few different Indica/Indica dominate strains such as mendo breath, Kosher Kush, Dante's fire and even a hybrid in GSC to help with sleep. I am smoking disposable vape pens, and I will take 3-4 hits. I will feel relaxed but when I try to sleep, I can't. My body goes from what feels like tensing to a wave of relaxation almost floating and back to tensing again. This cycle happens for a few hrs. I have tried smoking 30-60 min before and up to 2 hrs before but I usually get the same effects. Is this a common feeling?

2. personally i sleep after my highs over and im usually tired after that

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. #3 old shol4evr, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

4. Thinking back, GG#4 did help with sleep.

5. #5 old shol4evr, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

6. Maybe I need to experiment with a few more strains. I have noticed if I smoke a sativa on the weekend, I do get somewhat of an energy burst but a few hrs later, I am napping. Maybe I should try that, smoke a sativa around 5:30 or 6 and then by 9 falls around, I am ready to sleep.

7. There you go, you answered your own question. Smoke a little earlier and when your high's fading it's naptime.

8. Unless you grow it you might be out of luck for getting sleep.For what you seek ( CBN ) comes from a very late harvest. Hindu Kush is the strain you seek 90 % amber trics is what you want for sleep only pure strains will do.

9. The sweet herb makes me sleep like a baby

Sent from my couch

10. Vape pens don't help me sleep at all or properly medicate me, I only use them on the go to take the edge off. I need to smoke before bed, and I always pack a bong in the middle of the night when I wake up to go to the bathroom and it helps me fall back asleep really quickly. If you are opposed to smoking, at least try a flower vaporizer instead of the vape pens. They just don't medicate you properly, you aren't getting a ton of helpful cannabinoids

11. Black afghani puts me to sleep pretty quick. So does northern lights.

I’d look for a heavy indica like those two.

I’ll also support smoking or getting a dry herb vape. Those E cig concentrate vapes aren’t giving you the full array of cannabinoids. It’s mostly just intoxicating you.

12. I will look into dry vaping. I was smoking flower from a glass pipe for about a month or two but then I started the vape as I find it quicker and easier but I will look into the dry vaping.
    Last night, I smoked some dante's fire about an hour and half before sleeping and I was actually able to fall asleep rather quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Good to hear, yeah for me smoking is the only thing that really gets me in that comfy zone for bed. A vape will do but I am still usually wanting a few hits from my bong before bed