Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Insomnia after quitting

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by St1ckyBud, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Hey GC, new member here. I was smoking daily for about half a year, and recently have cut down to about 3-4 times a week. On my off days I am having terrible insomnia. I just slept about 4 hours, last night I slept 5 hours. Anyone else experience this problem? Hopefully I can cure it today with some bud.

2. That is sometimes called "rebound insomnia" and is experienced with many different meds.

Rebound effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Same thing happens with headaches.

3. if i stop completely for a couple nights (everyday smoking for a while now) i get the worst insomnia but it should go away after 2 weeks tops

4. never happens with me.. maybe weed isn't for everyone

5. The only way to either get rid of that insomnia is either keep smoking, or quit for atleast 1-3 days to recover to normal sleep, and insomnia should settle.

This is what I find anyway.

6. yeah i'm up at 6 am right now :( haven't smoked in 2 weeks and right now my sleep schedule is 4am-2pm usually.