Insanity

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by g0pher, Jan 31, 2009.

1. How would you know you're insane if you're already insane?

How do you know you're not insane right now?

How do you get split personalities?

just watched 'the shining and johny depp's 'secret window' while stoned and got paranoid as shit! maybe im insane for writing this stupid thread :smoking:

2. Insanity doesn't exist. Only constructive and destructive behaviors.

As far as "what if all this world is in my head and I'm really killing people right now?", well then you know not the better, so for all intents and purposes you are perfectly sane and it doesn't even matter if you can't see that world. Only what you experience is real.

3. you probably know when you snap out of psychotic episodes.

4. You're insane for thinking thinking this thread is stupid.

5. Insane is what we call other people.

6. Wow, im really high right now but that actually sounds like a pretty profound statement. +rep for ya

7. im insane. i look at issues (that dont involve me) from all sides and cant get myself to agree on one 90% of the time.

8. to do the same thing and expect a different result....

9. I'm batshit insane and loving every minute of it, man.

10. Word. I've found my life to be much more interesting since that day I started questioning my sanity.

"I said rock! What's the matter with you rock? Don't you see that I need you rock? All on that day!"

11. Insane men deny they are insane.
    "Bob" denies he is insane.
    Ergo- "Bob" is insane.

I thought I was suffering from a psychotic break and went insane a week ago, after tripping for 5 days with no sleep. But then I thought about it, and I could not have been insane because I thought myself to be insane. Follow that?

12. Now, go watch Sybil

13. you know your insane when you get blazed and then visit grasscity. i guess you can call me insane...

14. If that is so, then define crazy.
    Is it what we call ourselves?

15. I am IN a Sane state of mind. I am Insane.

I run out of the sane state, and then I'm Outsane, till I get my sanity back, then I'm Insanity.

16. believe me, you know when your losing it.

17. It's what we can't believe but somehow know.

That being said, how can we make such clever puns to communicate with other crazies then?

18. Insanity very much does exist. Believe me. And what you experience isn't always real, e.g. if you are insane, you see things that don't exist, hear things that don't exist, believe you are somewhere else. These things are very much not real.

19. #19 Medicine Al, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2009
    I have been told I am insane because I refused to join in pointless battles against men who were not my enemies. The people who told me this, were preparing to make the world safer, by blowing up people that they had never met, but who's clothing style and religious practices caused them to be 'suspected'.

History is written by the winners, and sanity is defined by your overlords.

If war is considered sane, then fuck sanity, and the horse it rode in on.

By the standard definitions of behavior, the USA is currently a depressed, psychopathic, bi-polar, homicidal, suicidal, schizophrenic on crack.

With Nukes!

Why should we act any saner?:(

Like WMD's, and reasons to invade Iraq????

See what I mean?

20. insanity is a word, created by a man, to describe another man whos behaviors are appauling to his own(in a nutshell)