Innovative study shows medical cannabis effective in treating a wide range of health conditions

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by well highdrated, Sep 11, 2018.

1. In two recent studies titled, “Patient-Reported Symptom Relief Following Medical Cannabis Consumption,” and “Effectiveness of Raw, Natural Medical Cannabis Flower for Treating Insomnia under Naturalistic Conditions” published in the journals, Frontiers in Pharmacology and Medicines, respectively, UNM Department of Psychology Associate Professor Jacob Miguel Vigil and UNM Department of Economics Assistant Professor Sarah See Stith, document that patients experienced statistically and clinically significant therapeutic benefits when they used cannabis for symptoms ranging from chronic pain to insomnia.

“If the results found in our studies can be extrapolated to the general population, cannabis could systematically replace multi-billion dollar medication industries around the world. It is likely already beginning to do so." – Jacob Vigil

--------

No wonder big pharma has been fighting legalization and medicinal application of marijuana. While literally killing people with nasty "prescription medication".

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. I’m treating my stage 4 colorectal cancer with RSO. I take 2 grams per day at the moment. If I’m still here in a year or so, you’ll know if it worked or not.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Sorry to hear that and sending healing vibes your way.

Are you using any non-cannabis alternative methods to help in addition to the RSO? I'm being checked out for possible prostate cancer tho I'm pretty sure that's not happening. Just in case I'm starting to use this maple syrup/baking soda treatment along with increased cannabinoid consumption and see what happens to my PSA readings when I next get tested around the end of this year. So far it's just a slowly rising PSA that could be attributed to normal prostate enlargement all us old farts get. A daily zinc pill really helps with the night time trips to the bathroom as in they don't hardly happen any more.

Fingers crossed you beat that!

Attached Files:

4. Thanks man. I’m 36 years old, not supposed to happen yet. My cancer doesn’t show any markers in blood tests so it’s all scans for me.

I’ve stopped sugar, dairy, red meat. Eating all organic with tons of supplements. I’ve had chemo and radiation already.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Bad enough when it happens to an old fart like me but so much worse in a relatively young person like yourself.

That's a good sign of sorts when it doesn't show in the blood tests yet isn't it?

I had my 2nd colonoscopy last year and they removed another 3 polyps but luckily they were cancer free again. I don't eat all organic but never eat at fast food places and don't buy junk food for snacks. Really big on high fiber foods and have been since a teenage hippy hassling my mom for using bleached white flour. Most of what we ate back then came out of our garden and there wasn't near the amount of additives nor high fructose corn syrup in everything like there is nowadays. Kids as young as 13 are showing up with fatty liver disease and cirrhosis because of all the HFCS they consume not to mention the type 2 diabetes and obesity epidemics going on in western societies.

My sister two years younger than me was going thru chemo last year to reduce the size of a tumor from ovarian cancer and was taking RSO and using alternative methods under the direction of a good friend of hers who is a trained naturopathic healer. Her doctor said he'd never seen a tumor shrink so much and so fast but how much of that can be attributed to which treatment or a combination of all. Her surgery went well and the prognosis is very good.

When I was still a kid I figured I'd never have to worry about cancer as for sure they'd have a pill to fix it by the time I got old enough to get it but so far that hasn't happened but survival rates are a lot better at least. The thing is our governments have to stop subsidizing junk food and use that money to promote cheaper fruits and veggies for people that can't afford to by anything but the junk. Start taxing crap food and using that money to promote healthy foods would be a good start.

I better go before I get on a rant about Big Food, Big pHARMa etc. :D

peace.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. You and me both bud!!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. If I may offer another option for your diet.
    In such extreme case you might be better off staying on a very restricted diet, specifically red meat only.

Before you think I am some kind of a nutcase I urge you to listen to this podcast:

I started looking into these diets about a year ago and keep finding more and more evidence that there may be a hidden medical benefit of great capacity.

Likewise check out the podcast with Dr. Shawn Baker.

This is one of the most hotly debated topics in nutritional community today. But I ask you not to dismiss it outright, but consider what these people have experienced and possibly connect with them online.

8. I will check them out bud, thanks. Science has proven a link to an enzyme in red meat that is responsible for tumor growth. More specifically, colon cancer.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. The problem with the studies I've seen is that "red meat" gets lumped in with the burgers and processed foods like sasuages and processed meats.

10. Those too. It’s the nitrates in the processed stuff though. Shit grilled food causes cancer and that’s how I believe most meat should be cooked, lol.

11. I'm actually starting this diet today.

Supposed to be great for arthritis and autoimmune disease.

La vie est drôle

12. It's not just red meat though. For the Carnivore diet to be sustainable you have to eat organ meat. Like heart, liver, kidney, gizzard, intestine, tongue, brain. They have vital micro nutrients we need. Fish oil is also probably a good idea to have too.

La vie est drôle

13. And you can eat eggs and fish on the Carnivore diet too. Some say dairy products are fine as well.

La vie est drôle

14. I love Deer heart!! Slice it thin, marinate in hot chili’s, garlicky c and lime juice for an hr then seat on hot charcoal grill, about a minute per side. Serve with peppers and onions or plain.

15. Can't have anything that isn't strictly meat fish or egg on the Carnivore Diet. The purists say no seasoning but salt too.

I will be trying chicken heart today. Have you ever had that? Can you just pan sear it in some butter.

La vie est drôle

16. I have had chicken livers in butter. It’s served with eggs and grilled tomatoes for breakfast at one of our local restaurants

17. But not heart?

La vie est drôle

18. I’m sorry man, haven’t had chicken heart. Go in with an open mind and hungry stomach, lol.

19. Amen

La vie est drôle

20. My dad worked for a meat packing plant and we ate steak 3 or 4 times a week with a big beef roast with Yorkshire puddings every Sunday.

I'd rather have a plate of shrimp or nice slab of halibut now. Working in bush camps they always had a steak and shrimp night and I had no trouble trading my steak to some big driller for his shrimp. I'd ethe breading off most of them.

Dad ended up dying from cancer at 62 that started in his intestines. Loved his steaks charred black under the broiler or on the BBQ all fat left on of course. Half a pound of bacon with his eggs every morning. White bread with lots of butter. Had a stroke at 44 left him weak on the left side that he denied. Sure miss him.