Inmates Sue For Going "Cold Turkey"

Discussion in 'General' started by DirtyPete, Nov 15, 2006.

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6142416.stm

"Nearly 200 prisoners and former inmates forced to stop taking drugs by going "cold turkey" are to receive payments."

This is pretty ridiculous. They are sent to prison and have to go cold turkey so they sued the prison and are now going to receive an "unspecified settlement".

What do you guys think of this? I'm on the fence right now, as I am anti imprisonment for drugs, but this seems a bit crazy.

I guess they were receiving methadone treatments prior to their jailing, so now they think they should continue to get the treatments in prison. I'm not so sure I agree that that is right, but because the article doesn't specify what exactly they were sent to jail for I can't really make a judgement.

If they were all just arrested for posession then I think that they should get the treatment, but if they committed a real crime then fuck them, they shouldn't get shit but a cold cell and time to think.

2. im all for treatment and everything, but, that has got to be the dumbest thing i've ever seen, fucking pathetic, lol, i mean, i guess, props to the inmates for pulling it off? what more can i say? lol, if they can work the system that good, they deserve whatever payments their getting, because thats some straight up bullllllshit in my eyes, haha :eek:

p.s. we ALL know what their gunna do with that money... lol their all gunna go out and buy more drugs! relappppppse.... so much for "cold turkey"

3. If they were on methadone, than I agree with it. They take the methadone so they are not sick, it's their medication. To deny them their medicine is fucked up imo.

4. "Many of the prisoners were receiving methadone treatment before they entered prison and were upset at the short period of treatment using opiates they encountered in jail."

"Imposing the short, sharp detoxification is the issue."

5. co-sign.