Inline fan with Carbon Filter and Centrifugal fans

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by FliBeatz, Jan 22, 2012.

1. What is the use in an inline fan w/ carbon filter, is this needed to exchange air in the grow room or just simply for odor control? Also centrifugal fans are to exchange the air correct? I'm only asking because I'm going to be investing in the Grow Lab 120 here soon and for both fans and carbon filter its $300+ alone (for good ones and I've seen people say if you're going to get one be sure not to go cheap on these items). And odor isn't a problem for me so I'm trying to see what I don't really need at this exact moment.

2. it can be used for both, but since a centrifugal fan is an inline fan there is a section called "Absolute Beginners" and thats where you should be at - if you havent grown yet then you are a "beginner"

3. I've grown plenty just always outside I live in the Midwest and its obviously winter here and never grown indoors so that's why I posted in indoor growing

4. any fan hooked up to an exhaust will exchange the air. most fans arent powerful enough to pull air through a carbon filter that is why inline fans work best.

at the end of the day a fan sucks and blows. set it up however you want it