inline fan and carbon filter

Discussion in 'Security' started by Berty69, Nov 4, 2011.

1. I am thinking of getting an inline fan and filter set up for my 60cm x 60cm x 120cm tent. The smallest fan and filter I can find is a 4" fan that runs at 165 cfm per hour. This is more powerful than a tent of that size needs, would it strip the smell of the plant completely rather than just the unwanted odour escaping during growing? Would a fan of this size make much noise?Any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Get a fan speed control. prefferably an automated one. that way it it will also help you adjust temps better.
    Grozone TV2 Multimode Day / Night Thermostat - Vortex Power Fans

cost me 120 dollars but is definatly my best investment yet. when the lights are on it slows my fan to keep with the temp of the lights. i have a heater by the intake for lights out. havnt had any temp/venting issues since i got it.

as for a fan i recommend a vortex if you can. no noise and comes with a ten year warrenty. cant go wrong there.

Vortex 4 Fan Carbon Filter Combo - Vortex Power Fans

anything else i can aid just ask. can i ask you of your lighting specs?

3. Most of the noise is from the air rushing through the ducting. My four inch fan scrubber combo is as loud as a window AC.

4. I have a five by five room in my cellar with a 300cfm max fan...and its conected to a thirty tree pound canfan filter. ..Its under my bedroom floor and i dont hear it..when i open the rooms door and its on third setting thats the only time i hear mine..

5. The combo was the best thing that ever happened to me btw..now i can grow power deisel if i want..=-O

6. Thanks for your help. I use a 60watt ufo led. Grew lowryder 2 on my last crop but and going to invest in a fan and filter as it stank last time. Had no problems with the temp lastime as the led's emit little if any heat. Is there any chance I could cause problems by pulling in too much air into my grow as it is only a very small tent even if I used the smallest fan?

7. i'm curranrly doing good with a centrifugal fan(512cfm) set at 1/4 speed....ya gotta luv them speed controllers.

8. Unless its freezing air the more air the better...if you ever get to where you wanna use co2 then youll need to shut down the fan while the co2 running...otherwise exchange that air as much as posible

9. i have a 39x39x72 (inches) tent, i use a 170cfm fan with no speed controller, connected to an HTG supply carbon filter. i would say removes 95% of the odor while the tent is closed.