Inland Empire

Discussion in 'General' started by Opivy, Jan 5, 2007.

1. [​IMG]

The new David Lynch movie

Anyone seen it yet?

I went up to L.A. a few weeks ago (too bad i was terribly sick at the time)

i get sick whenever i go to L.A. but i was horribly ill in the morning before we left..

Anyways, it was great - a little long (which i normally don't mind. but just living was torturous at the time) just over 3 hours..

I noticed any threads about movies don't go very far, but i'd love to talk about.. i'll come back when i'm sober and type out some more on it ,

check out the trailer, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4hFEDYmMcM

I had been waiting for it since february, around november i saw the trailer and simply couldnt wait anymore...

2. it won't let you make the title of a thread all caps?

but thats the way it's written!!!

ehh, whatevs

3. So... On the 20'th (David Lynch's birdthday) me and some friends planned to take a trip to LA and see it again...

We found, it stopped playing on the 18th -

But on Feb. 9th it will be in Santa Cruz ( i dont know how long )

So, maybe i'll see you there

4. I used to live in the Inland Empire. Represent. :smoking:

5. I'll rent it.

Mulholland Drive and Blue Velvet were film gold.

6. its all about LA but i live in the IE so its all good, southern cali baby!!!

7. Majority of the posts in this thread will just be people saying they live in/near the Inland Empire.

8. Yeah, why not? I mean shit, I don't even know what the movies about or anything. But I know what the Inland Empires about PARTYING and BEAUTIFUL WOMEN :D

9. Anyways, hows the digital video?

10. Definately able to notice it, but it really gives a unique feel to the whole thing..

During the first long talking scene (with dern, and the mother from FWWM i don't recall her name) It jumps out at you... Some people may say it looks 'crappy' but it looks gritty and ugly - which is more than fitting.

Some real cool effects came from it though, such as a scene where the lighting is done with a flashlight.

yea, and on a note to everyone else - very little if any of INLAND EMPIRE takes place in the IE...It's mostly in poland,

11. I've been following the imdb forums for over a year waiting for a realease date to come near me, but so far no luck. I'm going to have to wait for the dvd which will come out who knows when (wikipedia says june but who knows)

12. damn looks like this shit is a trip. you said more than 3 hours, fuck id see it. looks kind of like an independant movie. even better.

you seen that movie science of sleep? thats a pretty fucking crazy movie too.

13. what's it about?

14. I live in the Inland Empire, I've lived here my whole life. Does this movie have anything to do with the IE?

15. Its suppose to take place there, though it wasn't all shot there. Lynch has only said that the movie is about "a woman in trouble", it is suppose to be pretty incoherent even more so than eraserhead, but i have faith that it will be good

16. definitley looks interesting, i have no clue what its about though lol.The trailer just gave off some creepy almost disturbing vibes and thats something i like.

I'll have to check out this movie.

17. disturbing, yes :)

Been a while since this threads been bumped, but i thought I'd update.

Me and some friends were going to mission it to Santa Cruz (from San Diego) to see it, we had some problems renting the car and never ended up going.(although i did see it in LA when it first opened)

Meanwhile the film kept moving east, and i never thought it would be likely that i'd see it again in theatres,

but it's coming back to LA on 4/26. So anyone who missed it, i highly recommend you try and make it - Really one of those films that HAS to be seen in theatres at least once.