Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Inhaling

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Cappadonna, Jan 13, 2009.

1. A friend introduced me to the herb last month. Of the five times I've smoked, I've caught a slight feeling similar to drunkenness, but nothing that I would call "baked". Of all the possible reasons, not inhaling properly is the likely cause.

The last time I smoked, I inhaled to the point where my mouth 'feels' incoming food. But as soon as the smoke got there, I felt a gag reflex, and couldn't inhale any further.

Even though I didn't inhale correctly, does it sound like I'm on the right track? Should the smoke reach that part of the mouth?

2. Dk why people have problems with this...Take the hit, then just take in a breathe of air, simple as that. Oh and if you can exhale the smoke out of your nose then you're doing it right.

3. I'm guessing you've never smoked a cig either?
    If you have then just inhale like you would inhale a cig only for a longer period of time.
    Try taking a deep breathe, sucking it into you're mouth, then sucking in again into you're lungs, then hold, release.

It should do the trick.

good luck

4. I tried that, but it felt like I blew smoke out before the breath of clean air, and I never felt anything enter my lungs. Maybe I tried inhaling too much smoke?

5. its simple, breathe in the smoke that is sucked, like even if you look dumb but since your new, just open your mouth and take a HUGE breathe in, youll know because the smoke becomes alot thiner, but its a very consistent stream of smoke coming out of your mouth

6. i think the problem may be that youre trying to take one hit of weed, then another of air.i like to thinkof it as more of a continuous hit...hit the bud..then keep breathing in as u take whatever smokin instrument ur using out of your mouth...youre breathing out the smoke too quickly cuz ur stopping the inhale before you take the breath of fresh air

7. you're swallowing the hit (or trying)...

smoke a bong... and just keep sucking because you have to to get air....

8. do i kno u? wherer u from man

9. heres a little trick my brother taught me when i started...

you pull in the smoke then act like your mom is walking in the door and you dont want her to know so oyu inhale real quick then just work your way from there

10. damn that sounds like it would help haha

11. um, if you dont know how to inhale, maybe you shouldnt be smoking? Not to be a dick but seriously its as easy as breathing, it is breathing, and you shouldnt have to think about breathing.

12. http://www.thestraighttoke.com/how-to-smoke-pot-ie-learning-to-toke-2008-05.420
    (thats a link that basically says what i say below, perhaps in clearer terms if i am not being very clear)

in the last month i have invited 4 friends to smoke with me that have never smoked before. each of them got a small buzz the first time or not high at all. Before each smoking session with each of them i thoroughly explained how to smoke so that they get fucking BAKED and enjoy their first time but every1 seems to be kinda embarrassed being TAUGHT how to smoke so they kind of yes me to death (suit yourself, im not the one wasting money). THIS IS HOW IT'S DONE PEOPLE....

1. Take a Hit using absolutely NO LUNG POWER (only your mouth), practice with not so big hits than work your way up.
    2. Next when your mouth has smoke in it, open your mouth a bit and suck in as much air as possible through your mouth QUICKLY.(practice with just air)
    3. That should have pushed the smoke into your lungs. your lungs should feel as if you have just taken a large breath of air and held it in (practice on your own, so you know. (your chest should raise when you do this)
    4. Hold the smoke in for 4seconds, than exhale.
    5. REPEAT.

P.S. A NOTE ON STEP 2. Its the exact same thing as when you come up from being underwater and upon surfacing take a huge gasp of air with your mouth (if that makes any sense). You can practice without smoking just using air.

Its very easy, it just takes some practice. I remember when i was smoking with a close friend i literally took the blunt right out of his hand because he was not listening on how to smoke and just wasting the fucking bud. I had a vague idea my first time and i got high. My second time i was fucking Baked out of my head, because i had this concept down.