Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

infusing weed with oil

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Xorv, Nov 29, 2013.

1. hello, new to forums.

for the infusion I use peanut oil in a metal pot on low then add the weed, but i think i'm doing it wrong

1) do i need to decarb before adding to oil? if so what time and temperature?
    2) would it be best to put the weed/oil in the oven at 200F for 2 hours? I tried it on the stove and had horrible results even though it was on lowest temp the oil may have overheated anyways?
    3) if the weed is mostly black then i pretty much messed up, right? for stove top infusion i'm guessing no more than 45 mins? i did it was 1.5 hrs.

2. crock pot on low 24 hours. you got it too hot.

What are you doing with this peanut oil?

3. using it for brownies, i don't have a crock pot, could a small oven be used instead?

4. You could use an oven but maybe you can set up a double boiler type set up like people do for melting chocolate and get a better control on temps.

5. i was thinking of doing that instead since using a metal pot on a stove gives you almost 0 temp control even on low. So does the water need to be boiling the entire time? and how long do I leave the weed in the oil on the boiler?

6. ok so i read that mixing weed with nutella and letting it sit for about a week and then eating it works, anyone else tried this?

long and slow on low, not a boil. A crock pot can be found at a second hand store for very cheap.

8. ok the heck with brownies, i forgot i do not eat sweet. I'm going to try this again, but with firecrackers. but I am wondering if other than smoking or vaporizing is there an efficient and cheap way to ingest thc?

9. so im going to decarb fire using a porcealin bowl covered with foil at 220 f for 30 minutes then make nutella firecrackers. My questions are what is the appearance of decarbed weed? is that like that of vaped weed, brown and crispy? would  the oven time of the nutella fc be necessary with decarbed weed or could i eat the decarbed weed with the nutella?