Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I am a 58yr old veteran who is disabled in middle TN.I use marijuana to relieve my symptoms and to help me deal w/ my disability plus I like it.Since I live in TN. its hard for me to consistently find any.I would like to find a alternative to use when I cant find weed.I have some growing but it wont come in till late sept. Any help is appreciated,thanks.

2. Firstly, thank you for your service, sir!

About all I can suggest is to join a pro-MJ group and expand your circle of friends.

Taking an easy class at your local community college can find you new connections. (I did exactly this when I moved to a new town and I was in my mid50s. Took 2 weeks to score the first bag.)

I am somewhat "into" herbal medicine and there really is no substitute for cannabis. It is unique among medicines and medicinal herbs. This is about herbal smoking mixtures, but none can do what cannabis does.

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/academic...-references/general/2/Herbal.Smoking.Mixtures

Granny

3. Thanks for the advice.I know there is no subsitute for pot but I
    was wondering about the legal highs advertised on the websites.Right now all i can get is priced so high it is unreasonable.I use the V.A health care and they would rather have me use narcotics like oxycontin,percocet and other similer drugs that I cant really tolerate than to use pot.It really Sucks to be denied what I consider to be my personal rights and freedoms.Maybe someday soon we'll have medical marijuana here in TN.Thanks again

4. I would be rather wary of those "herbal substitutes. From what I have read, the composition is uncertain and some of the active ingredients are made in China.

The "Spice" drugs are usually a harmless mix of herbs combined with JWH or HU series synthetic cannabinoids. The synthetics are often hundreds of times stronger than natural cannabinoids, so dosage can be tricky. Bad reactions have occurred. :(

For depression, my hubby found smoking skullcap to be helpful. You can get it at herbal/health food stores. Pedicularis (sp?) can give you a mild high, as can some of the broom plants (Canary Island Broom is the most potent from what I've read.)

The VA is finally lightening up on cannabis use! :hello: It's not an automatic DQ for pain meds any more!

VA Allows Medical Marijuana for Pain | California NORML

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

5. #5 cball, Jul 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2011
    that's just another 'legal' "incense", ...discussing the subject not allowed (rules, givem a read...).:eek:

*clarification, the discussion YOU want to have is not allowed (experience using legal alternatives and rating of 'brand names'), OP just wants to know if the 'legal' alternatives work...answer is NO they do not

6. I consider those 'legal' highs as POISON. Seriously, they even have warning labels NOT to consume. Why would anyone inhale smoke from from a poison (okokok, people still smoke tobacco, with all the info on it being BAD, they still do it)

I have to use the opiates at times I have no mj (Missouri hasn't mmj either) and it sucks, but feel safer with those than risking some shady 'alternative' intended to lure kids and the ignorant into smoking them.

If you have to take an opiate when out of the better meds (HERB:D), I'd stick with the natural based ones, synthetics like those used in Tramadol seem to have odd side effects with me (itchy skin, feel nervous, etc, etc..) Just my opinion, follow your own experience on what YOU feel safest with.

If you have extended family near, they may be willing to help you out when in need. Mine surprise me with 'gifts' and visits during the week to be sure I had some relief...*sniff* family can give ya a warm fuzzy at times.:eek:

7. Cannot discuss "legal highs" on GC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.