Info on starting clones wanted.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mike1597, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Last:confused_2: sat. I tried to start some clones. The females I used for cuttings were 2 monthes old and just about ready to start 12/12 flowering cycle. Here it is almost a week later and they haven't started rooting yet. I have a dome with a flourescent (left on 24/7) and mist the leaves a few times a day with pure water. Should I use nutrients? After noticing no rooting action a couple days ago, I sliced about an inch lengthwise on the bottom of the clone and really slathered the rooting gel on them. Should I have done this to begin with? This is my first time with clones. Any and all info regarding clones will be greatly appreciated. Please be specific. Thanx. Mike.

2. I don't think you should have done that with the slicing of the clones. Use the gel on the 45 degree slice at the base of the clone. Be patient though, they take up to and beyond 14 days sometimes. I get close to a 100% success rate just by dipping and misting once per day for the first week and only dipping the rockwool once per day, without misting the second week. Sounds like you're doing the rest of it right. Good luck!

3. make a bubble cloner for like 20$ dip em into gel or powder and leave em until u see roots they do great.

4. the bubble cloner is something ive been wanting to try because it seems like you have alot more control over the environment of your plants and roots. plus u can see when the roots come in lol....i cut below the 4th node from the top of the branch you want and slice a 45 degree angle on it. then i cut off the nodes closest to my 45 cut making sure to cut them flush with the stem leaving no burrs. then i make 3 little notches on each side of the stem to help root growth emerge and then dip them in the rooting gel really good for about 30 seconds. make sure when your putting the cutting into the cube to not rub off your rooting hormone...try it out if your confused look up jorge cervantes vidoes on cloning and it should help you out...oh ya also make sure your rooting medium stay about 5 to 10 degrees warmer than the ambient air. one way to do this is a heating pad placed under your tray

5. Waterfarmer, what's with the stuff about police officers? If you've been following the news at all lately, I think we're almost at the point of a major drug policy makeover. About FUCKING TIME! As we all know how well prohibition with alcohol worked. Could the politicians finally woke up and realized this war on drugs is futile? Keep your fingers crossed. I gotta run or I could really go on about this. As for my clones, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. LOL! Mike.

6. I live in a red state. I am not holding my breath.