Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Infection?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Shocktopus, Jan 11, 2012.

1. so today i noticed a little bit of redness and swelling on my hand around a little nick in my skin, it could have just been a wood splinter but i have been handling rusty beams, fucking worried about this shit.

2. with a sig like that you can't expect people to believe you man

3. Man up and go see your doctor

4. cant see my doctor till tommorow, only got my learners license at the moment, waiting for a letter from NZ driver licensing so i can go get my provisional, so i cant drive, gonna go in the morning if it isnt gone by then, but fuck it just got me worried.

5. Obviously not a doctor here, but when was your last tetanus shot? And did you get stuck by one of these rusty nails anytime soon? I've heard the shots last like 5 to 8 years or something but that it's a good idea to get a booster if you get stuck. Is there any walk-in clinic you could call for advice? They can usually give you the shot and you don't have to pay for an expensive office visit (not to mention go through the wait).

Good luck man.

6. im 18 and my last tetanus shot was when i knocked myself out in a BMX accident and they took me to the hospital they gave me a booster shot. and nah didnt get stuck by a rusty nail, just been handling some beams with flaky rust on them, and just the other day i also grazed up my hands at the skatepark, so my hands are fucking rooted at the moment lol.

7. In that case I'd say you're probably fine, but it's a good idea to get it checked out just for peace of mind.