INeed Your Help!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by weezy1220, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Hey Everyone,

Currently Illinois House Democrat Lou Lang reintroduced Compassionate Use of Medical Cannabis Pilot Program Act January 6th 2013! It was the first house bill introduced since the new election. I urge a anyone who can help whether you live in ILLINOIS or you know someone who lives in ILLINOIS there is a chance here for you to help our community. Please CONTACT YOUR LOCAL STATE REPRESENTATIVE and let them know how much compassionate care means to you, and how much you want them to pass this bill. To find your local IL Representative go here and type in your zip code.

Find Your Representative · House.gov

You will need your entire zip an example is 60505-9998 Please take some time to email your local rep and explain how you feel! This bill will be fully disclosed in early Feb. Lets start working on the politicians now so when it comes time to vote we are ready! Thanks for anyone who takes the time to look at this anything you do will help and make a difference. Peace to you all!

2. And for the rest of you, write your politicians whether you have a bill coming up or not! :yay:

Contact Elected Officials | USA.gov

Make a form letter up - turn-about is fair play! Just plug in the right name and title! :devious: And send it twice, once as an email, and once by snail mail! Politicians consider an email to be the "voice" of 10 voters. :) A written letter is counted as the "voice" of 100 voters! :D (There are 603,850 members at GC. If you all get off your butts, we have the power to change things! :eek:)

You might even do a "Political Party" :devious: - get a few friends over with their laptops or whatever, get stoned and each of you write a letter and send it! :smoking: (Check each others spelling and grammar.) You get a dozen or so friends together and, all of a sudden, you have well over a 1,000 "voices" for your politicians to "hear"! :eek:

Be sure to mention that you are a registered voter- I do it in my signature "Storm Crow, a proud registered voter", followed by my address & phone number. (If you aren't registered, get registered!)

Unless you write an exceptional letter, or live in a very low population state, your letter will likely never be seen by your Representative, Congressperson, or president. :(

BUT it will reach the eyes of a clerk who will dutifully note whether it is pro or con! That clerk may think about what you have written, and since a human will read it, do a good job! :D We win by educating one mind at a time! (And if you can "enlighten" the clerk, the next good letter has a much better chance to make it to the politician! :yay: )

However, even if it becomes just a tally mark, all that pro/con ratio info WILL be given to your politician and he will usually go with the majority. Politicians ARE "vote whores"! :rolleyes:

So don't be afraid to use your real name! Writing just makes you a tally mark, not a target!

Granny :wave: