INDOOR STRAIN

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by alienware13, May 5, 2017.

1. I will be growing my seeds indoors with lights, carbon filter ect.. and I am wondering what would be the best to grow out of these, keep in mind, I am first time growing, mainly focusing on growing not smoking or effect.

Sweet Skunk Auto:
    Sweet Skunk Auto

Afgahn Skunk Auto:
    Auto Afghan Skunk

Black Diesel Auto:
    Auto Black Diesel

2. Any recommended strains

3. Afghan Kush prob would be a good one. Had a friend just chop some of that on his 2nd grow. I'm fixin to have my first grow with some Chem City Blues. It's suppose to be a shorter really good indoor girl.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. How's the yield on Afghan Kush?

5. I'm not 100% certain of the exact amount. But I do know it was over 100g's think I remember him saying he got right under 4oz off of 2 plants. But it was his second grow so could've maybe been better. Not sure though.

6. Grow whatever you'd like, there is no wrong choice. Some strains can tolerate certain growing conditions better than others, which is something to consider when you make your decision. The dimensions of your grow space should be considered also.

7. I totally disagree (no offense @Slammer). I would definitely stick with a Sativa based strain. The indicas tend to dislike heat and humidity and are a bit more pesky to deal with overall. The Sativas don't seem to give a flip about much of anything and as long as they have soil, water and light, they'll grow willingly. This is just an opinion, mind you, and we all have them. But in my experience with both, I found the Sativa much easier to deal with and we live in the SE U.S. so heat and humidity is normal 9 months out of the year. The indicas were incredibly slow growers and grew more bush-like. But they definitely like cooler temps.

If you're going to build an indoor setup to grow, know right off hand that the key to getting the most off every plant you know is providing enough wattage for the plant during the flower cycle. You need to veg the plant long enough to get some size on it and then when you put it into the flower cycle, you need to have the most wattage of the best quality flower lighting possible hanging over it. Light and plant as close as possible without burning the plant, is the way you need it to be and you should never be forced to rise a light and take it further away from the plant just because you have more plants to cover. You can always harvest more off a single plant that is tended properly and gets all the high wattage/high quality flower lighting combined with plenty of space to spread during flower without being crowded out by other plants, than you would attempting to flower 3 in the same space. Spend the money on a good quality grow soil and keep it very simple. Soil, tap water and light. We use no additional nutes other than those that come in the soil. When a plant actually gets to the point where it needs to be fed, a repot into a slightly larger container resupplies the food it needs through the fresh soil. Stay away from auto variety seeds. No point in shortening the already incredibly short cycling plant that MJ is. You have to let a plant grow long enough during veg to get some size on it or you won't get anything at harvest anyhow. Remember this....regardless of what you read or have come to believe: Nutes are simply plant food. Until your plant(s) become hungry, they do not need to be fed. A good quality soil has more than enough nutrients to support a MJ plant throughout its life. By not growing autos, you are free to repot as needed so why add chemicals when they're not necessary. The thing that does get you the optimal harvest from every plant is lighting. Each plant needs lots of wattage (because we are attempting to mimic the sun here) and space to spread so light can penetrate the plant. This will develop out all the inner buds that would be shaded and not develop if you have plants squashed together under a single lamp. We're averaging around 5 oz per plant after cure right now with nothing more than soil (Roots Original), tap water (we don't treat with chlorine in the U.S. anymore and the stuff they do use won't hurt your plants...so don't waste money on buying water that is stripped of everything in it. There is really stuff in plain old tap water that the plants use...micronutrients.), and light. The more light, the better the harvest.

Take the time to read and thoroughly research the plant and grow methods. I would stick with soil until I got a few plants under my belt just to give you a good idea about the basics. After that, grow however you wish. But a hydro system for someone who has no experience with indoor growing is just going to complicate the whole situation more and unnecessarily. Both methods grow out beautiful plants. The hydro method is just not something the green grower should take on in the beginning. Do your homework before you start or you'll end up wasting money on stuff you don't need and have a hard time unless you get some info about how to do this the right way. However, if I can learn to do it...anybody can!! Best of luck to you. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  8. Afghan Kush is like 20, I'm trying to find a set of 3 seeds for about 15 pounds (currency not weight). It's a test so a cheap seed to start with, i dont smoke the stuff either.

9. No offense taken. lol I'm a newbie so I need more info myself. I just like indicas bc the grow height is shorter and works a little better in a closet tent or something in that sense. But hell I thank ya for the info you gave me with that.