Indoor soil - what size pot for maximum Yield / SCROG

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HazePhase, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Hello,

I am going to be growing in a 5x5x7 tent with a 900 watt LED Vero29 Light.
    I was thinking of starting 4 plants from seed - 3 different strains and doing their own SCROG nets - in that space and ensuring roots can spread out - what should I be looking at?
    7 gallon
    10 gallon
    Bigger?

Thx Everyone

2. for that light and space, i think you will max out around 2.5lbs. or 40oz. one gallon of media for every oz of product is what i have been told. so 4x10 gallon should be perfect.

3. d.grow.green if I can yield 2.5lb with a 10 gallon then I am good for that :)
    Is that a legit way to measure - 1 oz per gallon of space?
    cray cray

4. per gallon of media- soil or whatever. that just another limiting factor.
    i am saying that is about your max yield if everything goes perfectly, yes.
    sounds like a great light. good luck mate

5. limiting factors
    lights - Cob lights can get up to 1.5gpw so 900w =max 1350g or 48oz
    space - 5x5' maxes out at about 1.5oz/sqft = max 37.5oz
    media -40gallons maxes out at about 1oz/gallon =max 40oz
    nutrients, environment, co2, blah, blah all matter and any deviation from perfection will reduce yield.
    people will argue these numbers of course, just meant as general guidelines, but you can see you might get more if you had a 5x6 or 6x6 space if your lights were spaced right for coverage. sounds like you will be very happy with your harvest assuming you dont have any mishaps

6. I was thinking of upgrading to the 15 gallon bags because why not?
    Thoughts.

My layout can look like the attachment so they are spaced out from one another - perfect to scale ... however only issue is that I am losing middle portion where my light would be.
    Wondering if I should put all four together but then might get squished?
    Thoughts?

18in x 18in is size of smart pot when full 15 gallon

Attached Files:

7. what media are you using? make sure you are uppotting at the right timesand have perlite/drainage. otherwise media wont dry out. you can LST them until they are ready for the scrog. as they grow bigger push the pots towards the corners

8. I only sort of followed that LOL
    LST?

I haven't picked my soil yet but I need to find a great mix so that I don't have to worry about adding chemicals as i want to go organic.
    I was thinking once they germinate if I should just put 1 inc into the 15 gallon pot since it's a smart pot and has air coming in... just need to make sure about watering properly... that way i don't have to worry about shocking them by transplanting them.. does that make sense?

9. LST is what I was referring to as SCROG.
    I am going to have a screen above it so that i can tie the branches down so that they grow into canopys :)
    not sure if' it's the same but seems the same :)