Indoor planting... I need help!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stevb903, Oct 24, 2006.

1. First time growing and I don't really know what to do... I just love weed and would breathe only its smoke if I could , so I decided it's time to bring some good into the world hahahaha.

Germinated and sprouted 2 seeds successfully. One plant is about 6 cm right now and seems to be healthy, however, the second plant is about 10 and there seems to be something wrong with it. The stem seems to be too scrawny and there are only the embryotic leaves on top that came out of the seed (this may or may not sound bad to you but I'll post pictures of both so you can see what I'm talking about). I have time released Osmocote fertilizer mixed in with the soil, and i water the plants very well every other day. They are properly drained because of the holes on the bottom of the pot. Also there is a fan pointing on plants but set very low to move the air around in the room and to help make the stalks of the plants a little stronger. Using one 150watt Agrosun Dayspot Grow Bulb... is this any good for growing cannabis, because I'm thinking this may be the cause of the problem?

Please let me know what you think about the situation and any way at all how I can improve on it because I'm beginning to have my doubts about the plants health and if they'll even make it to flowering.

Even if you aren't sure if you're right or not, just leave a message anyway because I am in some seriouse need of someone who knows what they are doing... I'll post pictures of both plants, the taller one is the one of the most concern.

Thanks dudes

Attached Files:

2. Wowww man thats some major strech you have going on there,how far away is your light from your plant ?

Im not realy sure if the light is suitable for growing or not but i would surgest getting a 250 hps lamp and fitting this way you know your doing things right.

Sorry to say but i realy can see your plants living because of the amount of strech they have had.

Looks like a cust of the fan wind would blow them babys down.

3. Im pretty sure there gana be messed up once that ferilizers kicks in.. you gotta wait at least 3 weeks i beleive..

4. Wow, there are extremely stretched! Your lighting is inadequate, those lights are of very little use to cannabis growing as they get too hot and you can't have them close enough to the plants to provide enough light as they will fry the plants.

For your first grow try with fluorescents, they are nice an cheap. You need about 10,000 lumens per sq foot, 125w of white CFLs (compact fluorescent lights) should suffice. Keep them about 3-4" above the plants, no closer. Provide the plants with a highly reflective environment (anything painted with matt white paint is excellent), and provide adequate ventalation both in and out of the grow space to control any heat build up and also to move the air around so the plants can absorb CO2.

With your seedlings you absolutely must repot asap, those stems will never hold up. Use 1 part perlite to 2 parts potting soil with NO nutrients. Place your seedling (keeping the root ball) into the new pot (I suggest at least 1 gal) so that only one inch of the stalk is protruding from the earth. If your lights are not close enough the plants will continue to stretch. The enzymes have to work harder to move around a stretched plant leading to stunted bud growth and yeild. Ideally there will only be a short distance between the leaf nodes if the lighing is good enough.

5. Thanks, I figured it was probably the light or the soil, I'm just insanely broke right now so I figured I could just half-ass it with my incandescent bulbs. I'll have to take a trip out to pick up some actual growing lights. Do CFLs need a bassel? Or can I just plug them into an outlet?

6. Hey, How are ya? I can relate, I'd breath only smoke too lol.:smoking:

I have a couple of suggestions for ya if you would like. I'm only about half way into my first indoor grow( soil and hydro) and things are going very well. I just figured out how to upload pics but I'm on dial-up and don't have a few spare hours, lol.

I read alot about soil. When you use the soil that has the "time released nutes" It usually burns the plants, expecally the little ones. you should use organic soil mixed with 25% perlite and gravel at the bottom of the pot for better drainage. After the seedling is a couple weeks old you can start feeding it at 1/4 strength recommended dose.

Second is lights. An easy and cheap way is the tube light fixtures. You can find them at the local hardware store for under $20 dollars, you want to get the cool white tubes. these plug into a normal socket.

Hope this helps out some[​IMG]