Indoor Marijuana Private grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hushizzle, Mar 2, 2017.

1. A friend of mine who is a designated caregiver wants me help invest in a private grow out in Colorado.

His set up and explaining is throwing me off. Can some tell me what kind of yield I should be expecting?

Currently a soil setup - considering switching to hydroponics

3 flower rooms
    2 veg rooms

Flowering
    L1 - 9 1000W HPS Lights
    L2 - 9 1000W HPS Lights
    L3 - 6 1000W HPS Lights

Veg
    R1 - 2 600W MH Lights
    R2 - 4 315W LEC Lights

8 week turn-around for flower

I'm new to MJ industry so please excuse my n00b questions.
    What kind of yields can i see based on per light
    what difference would i see in hydroponics?
    Any suggestions if its worth the investment:

2. Soil setups totally and completely depend on the effort put into the soil mix. A dialed in, well thought out organic soil garden can rival a hydroponic garden and will in taste and aroma - ie: quality - but this really depends on how good of a gardener your friend is. If it's store bought soil then I'd probably go the Hydro route.

A well thought out organic soil can also be watered with simple tap water with no need to buy additional nutrients, worry about checking or adjusting pH or require flushing at the end of each grow. It can also be used over and over again - but it needs to be mixed properly out of quality ingredients to begin with.

I wouldn't even want to guess yields because I have zero idea of how good of a gardener your friend is.

My $.02c

Best of luck in what I understand is quickly becoming or already is a flooded market.

With marketing meaning everything - like any other commodity.

J

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jerry,

He has some experience. He's been doing it for the last couple of years. Nutrients and all. I just was wondering what yields would look like. He's saying they're running 1 lb/ light for soil and if switch up to hydroponics it can be 3 lb/ light. I just want to see if numbers are accurate. Consider him a pretty good grower. Just needed figurative numbers to see what changes we can do to increase numbers.

4. If jerry was your caregiver he could yield 5g per watt but it's full of dirt and worms lol

5. In all seriousness so many factors even down to light placement. People who run the same set up and same strain yield different amounts in different cycles. Could be a worm wiggled around more around one root ball than another lol.

6. That is one hell of a major investment and quite a large scale operation. In theory, there's no reason why you couldn't yield 50+ pounds a harvest between all three flower rooms, this is assuming your friend is a quality gardener and has his setup dialed in.

7. Most growers are happy getting 1g/watt of lighting. Some get up to 2g per watt, although that is more rare. Your first couple runs will probably yield substantially less than 1g/watt as you're getting it dialed in, however.