Indoor lighting question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by eezyE, Nov 2, 2004.

1. I'm curious, what would be the most economical lighting setup for someone who plans on growing only a few plants, most likely no more than 2 or 3?

2. hps as it gives the most light for the electric used and also the most bud for ur electric.

they used to b expencive to buy but are now becoming commonplace so the price is dropping and bargains can b had if u shop around.

as far as size goes if u say how much bud u want and how often i'll try and say what size light u need.

3. 1 oz every month or so...?

4. 150w hps shud give u 4oz every 3mths or so even if u dont want to spend that much time or effort on it and u want to try some of the lower yealding plants that have the taste or high u mite like.

i recon with practice u will get a far bit more but 150w is so cheap to run and it gives u room for error so u shud allways have some bud and thats what its all about.

the next practical size down is 70w and cud give u 2oz every 2mths when u get used to it but that doesnt take into account veg time b4 u go into flower so u wud need a 2nd system to veg in that wud need lights and fan etc.

5. my new closet lighting

I am hoping no one disaproves this... but i will have these in my closet. i will more than likely get 2 of these.. so i can have 4 lights pointing straight down. In the closet there is a crawlspace entrance so i will move that out of the way and put an exhaust fan (a fan turned on its back blowing upwards), and also have a small oscilating fan inside the closet too... i dont have too much money to spend on HPS... but arent those the lights used in parking lots and such... cause if that is the case i might be able to aquire one.... *looks around*