Indoor Hydroponic Grow Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ACTT, Aug 28, 2012.

1. Long time lurking the forums but this is my first time posting.
    I need help putting together a grow room/tent. My goals for this grow is to be able to harvest and donate to my local dispensaries to help pay for school and of course personal use. Now I have been doing some research and trying to soak up as much information on the cultivation process before hand but putting it all together with no actual hands on experience is hard so this is what I have in mind but I need rundown of the logistics and details.
    -budget around $2000
    -indoor maximum space is 8ftx6ftx4.5ft
    - 2 600 watt hps
    -2 6 inch fans (not sure which brand/type to get)
    -grow tent/box or closet
    -Hydroponic system ( again not sure which type would be best for my situation)
    -12 plants maximum
    -PH meter
    -2-3 lbs yield
    So far that's about as much as I have planned out for this grow op any input suggestions are much appreciated. Once this operation is is up and started I'll keep updates on the progress and always open to suggestions. Also I was thinking of buying this http://sacramento.craigslist.org/for/3229208485 would it be worth the money

2. Come on guys 158 views and no input at all ?

3. why dont u buy a grow tent?

4. I could buy a grow tent and I have considered that an option but the real reason I made this thread is to firgue out which componets to use (ex. 600 watts vs 400 watts, grow tent vs closet) and to find the best setup for my situation sorry if that wasnt clear in the op

5. Setup wise if u don't have a lot of time deff go for grow tent but if u like building stuff and have the time deff go for a setup. This way you can customize it and see the progress from start to finish and get all excited to grow in what you built. And as For watts and set up wise it whatever you want to do, it u gO hydro ur gunna have a different set up than a non hydro

6. ok. Do you think the growbox that I posted a link to is worth the money ?

7. Expecting 2-3 lb from 2 600s is not realistic for the beginning grower. I just finished my 6th grow and got around 7.5 oz which is .2625g/watt which is the most I've produced. I have done hydro and organic and keep producing more each time (this one was organic), and I am only 2x400w, 3 gal smart pots and veg my plants for 4-5 weeks...but the yields you are predicting are targets for very experienced, professional growers.

Just a heads up.

8. Yea I know I just like to set my goals at the top thanks for the heads up though.