indoor growing question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by potlover83, Aug 23, 2008.

1. Hey guys...
    I was just wondering how long it takes to grow weed indoors. I heard that it takes a while to grow and that's why growing weed outdoors is also risky since the DEA and cops are around. What's the most common time limit to grow indoors?

2. It varies. Generally speaking if someone is looking for a decent yield they are going to veg for atleast 4 weeks. Then once you start flowering your looking at another 7-12 weeks depending on strain(usually its closer to the 8 week range). It is possible however to start flowering from sprout, but you wont see buds until the plant is ready.

So at a minimum your looking at 12 weeks, or 3 months from seed to bud.

3. ohh ok that's cool. Honestly I never really seen or experienced an indoor growing going on. I just usually buy it off from people I know, u know?

4. growing is fun.

5. haha I bet it is. I would grow it myself but not really familiar with the process, plus I dont have a good hiding place. I live in a apartment/house kind of thing..like the 2 places are join together. I have a 2 bedroom/2 bath apartment. Maybe one day i'll get into it once I get a house. I'm also afraid of the smell leaking while growing the plants...

6. would around 29 inches of vertical space and 20 inches of horizontal space be good for growing?

7. It's tight, but people have done it in less. I only say it's tight because my grow right now is reaching and going over five foot plants, so for me, that would have been impossible. But if you use a short strain (most Indica strains are, but I'm using Sativa Haze) and use techniques like SOG or LST (look them up on these forums), and use florescents rather than high wattage lights, then you can definately keep them short enough for that.