indoor growin question??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by HAERWEEDSLAYER, Mar 8, 2010.

1. me and my friend has ben has two plant growing there about 6-7 inches tall and one has a purple main stem and purple stems to the leaves the other plant is just a light green. we was wonderin wat the purple meant? we think it coulde be purp (got the seeds from a friend) heres a pics of the purple stem [​IMG]

2. idk what that means but i always get purple stems and my shit turns out DANK. Just cuz the stem is purp doesnt mean the nugs will be purp. You can make any strain purp by lowering the temp to the 60s

3. awww so this will be some dank stuff thanks for the heads up..60 during vegitation or flowering??

4. when you say you can make any strain purp...are you talking about the purple weed, or just purple leaves and such

5. with indoor i have only got purple water leaves doing this, but outdoor i have actually got purple hairs from cold autumns.

6. It won't necessarily be dank, you have to spend a lot of time to make and keep the conditions ideal. I have had shwaggy purple before

7. he looks after the plants like there his babys and studys up alot on growin indoor but im not gettin my hopes up for some dank this is out first batch ever im glad if we get some decent smoke out of her..is it 60 during vegitation or flowering?

8. #8 LBH, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
    Purple or red in the stems is fine. It's not a deficiency or anything but it certainly doesn't mean the weed will be purple or dank.

Weed has more than just 1 pigment, red and purple often show up naturally in the stems and stalk on many different, varying strains but it needs to be in the genetics for weed itself to go purple and even then, it then needs to be subjected to lower than optimal temps.

Either way, the purp you see in bud and what you are seeing in your lumber, are not related and what you are seeing means absolutely nothing other than, you have a healthy, growing plant.

Also know that just because it may have been the best weed you ever smoked when you pulled a seed,......that doesn't mean that it will come out like that when someone else grows it. ;)