Indoor grow setup

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Lonelystoners, Aug 17, 2013.

1. image.jpg

First-time indoor grow, three plants under a bunch of CFL 24/0, miracle-gro soil with added nutes. Pretty much all ive done is water, seeing as the soil medium i used contained water-released nutes, and low stress train them whilst continually check the ph levels & humidity.

I will switch my lighting to 12/12 with my 2700k CFL bulbs whenever i decide to initiate flowering (ive been informed of the 24 hour darkness before switching to 12/12 debate) (as well the lighting debate over cfl/hps/led)

What pertinent information do i need to know regarding flowering, specifically what things can i do during flowering in order to grow the most bud? While staying within the contraints i have described above... Ex: cfl lights, shitty soil i unknowingly used.

2. keep the lights as close as possible.

maybe topical sprays? 

i hear stressing the plant at the right time of flowering can make the plant produce more resin, its near the end of its cycle.

maybe FIMing the plants is the best option.

You can find a lot of useful info with the search bar.

GL

3. Wow, were to begin..
    Chuck the MG and IMO build your soil. Once youve tasted side by side organuics Vs Nutrient fed, youll never look back.

Start with your base mix..
    1/3 spagnum peat moss
    1/3 quality compost
    1/3 aeration

Then add your ammendments
    Meals (kelp, bone, blood, neem, alfalfa, feather, ect)
    powders (azomite, greensand, rock dust, ect)
    guanos (High P, High K, High N)
    good fat bag of quality worm castings. 

wet this all down with a few gallons of molasses water or a nice AACT and get to mixing. 
    Once completely blended, you have to cook this soil for 6-8 weeks. 
    turning once or twice a week and keeping moist. after its cooked your ready to roll!
    This soil can be used just as you are now.. water only..

Next, multiple plants in a sinlge container is a bad idea. These plants could double or triple in size once flowered. you can see the issue their. 

CFL grows are successfull all the time, yet arent the most effective. IMO if your growing 3 plants and taking that risk for under an Oz, why not bump up to a 400w HID and more then quadruple your yield?

Stressing in flower is a BAD idea.. much better ways to increase resin production then stressing your ladies. Stress in flower can cause hermaphroditic tendencies.. Unless you want seeds in your flowers.. this is a bad idea..
    Try flowering under dual spectrum.. MH and HPS or in your shoes, 2700k and 5400k.