indoor grow Opinions wanted

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by makavelii18, May 21, 2009.

1. Whats good? I guess you could say I'm a third time grower, but have yet to see success. Last year I attemptet to grow plants and reached about 3 inches in heght before an unexpected cold spell came and wiped about 10 plants away. I am currently planting 1 in the wodds which is doing well with about 4 sets of leaves, however i started with about 20 and am not too hopefull. I decided to put an end to the variables of nature and grow indoors.

Right now the seeds are germinating, and i am ready to put the seeds into dixie cups full of soil to pop up out the ground. I am planning on growin plants out of a basement shower that has a window, instead of a closet. I have 3 bulbs, (2x 100 watt UVA bulbs that were made for an iguanna, and a 50 watt blue UVA bulb as well. I was wondering how many plants i should expect to support or if i would be able to use these bulbs at all.)

Basicaly i plan on using 5 gallon buckets to grow the plants in once they are big enough. Using these three lights I read i would have 3 cycles of 24/0, 18/4, and 12/12 hours of sunlight/darkness. I am reading up on the nutrients a plant needs, but as far as making sure the plants grow in the begining to correct way I may be in the dark about a few topics...

Any help would be apreciated.

2. goodnight. bump.

3. the uv bulbs will kill the plants straight away. you use UVb for a few minutes a day to produce extra trichs during flower, you need either CFL's or MH/HPS shoot for a min of 2,500 lumens per cube ft.

4. thanks, I am either thinking too much or not reading correctly, but if i am right i can purchase cfl's at home depot, or lowes?

5. Yah a 250 or 400 w HPS or MH sounds like what you should use , considering you are growing in a confined space. Unless of course you got some nice ventilation system , then depending on how hot it gets you coulde actually use a larger light.