Indoor Cabinet Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Corn Man, Mar 15, 2019.

1. I'm really creating this just for my own record keeping. I'm just going to post pictures every Friday that I can remember to refer back to.

I'm just curious of what will do better in such a small setup and the best way to get those answers is to just jump in and see for myself.

Setup Grow Space is 1 foot deep x 2 feet wide x 4 feet tall

I am using an optics 100w LED COB light

I'm running two silent little baby 48CFM Fans and one oscillating one in the corner

The pots are 3 Gallons of Ocean Forrest Each.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The first thing I want to know is if Auto Flowering or Photoperiod would be better for this environment, so for the next four harvests I'm going to try and determine which one is better.

First Grow: Blue Dream Automatic - No Trimming
    Second Grow: Blue Dream Photoperiod - No Trimming
    Third Grow: Blue Dream Photoperiod - Light Trimming for height
    Fourth Grow: Blue Dream Automatic - Light Trimming for height

3. First Grow - Day 7
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. looks interesting ima watch this

5. First Grow - Day 14
    Added 1/10 Strength nutrients to water and Rotated Plants so the smallest was in the middle
    Just watered in the photos, that's why they look all wet and droopy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. First Grow - Day 21
    I moved them around a tad and topped them off with a bit more soil and water after the photos. Sadly the largest baby in the first picture lost her top in the process, so she will be all sorts of tiny next week.
    I realized that the middle spot gets the most light, obviously, then the first spot, then the worst lighting is obviously near the fan, so until they get too tall, I'm going to take them out every week and put the smallest plant in the middle, second smallest in the first spot and the tallest by the intake fan.
    I'll probably just rotate them once they get too big to remove easily

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. First Grow - Day 28

I think this will be the last week I take them out to rotate, they are on a fairly small cabinet and I'm already catching them on the opening, this late with them being autos the last thing I want is more stress on the babies, so sorry they look a little down, I took the photo post rotation

Also excuse the absurd amount of duct tape I sued to hold the tarp/liner down, I super didn't want a leak and I knew the plants would grow above it within the first month

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. First Grow - Day 35
    I stopped moving them around and they seem to be doing better.
    I've never seen a Canopy this thin. I'm already leaning towards Photo-period because not only could I train, but mainly that the grow would be well over half in the 12/12 state and easier to control heat at night.
    Other than that they are flourishing, I promise there isn't a Magnesium Deficiency, the light just has a yellow tint.

What I'm most curious for at this point is how the lack of training effects bud density, as well as this new light. This is the first time I've bought a light that was more than $1 per watt and excited to see the turn out.

Lastly my light is already reaching Max height. They are clearly already budding so I'm kind of praying on them tapping out in the next week, I can get a couple inches if I get rid of the carabiner, but I'll save that for last minute

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. First Grow - Day 42

No more moving the plants around and the light is now at max height. Now we just pray they don't close that gap.

I'm thankful I went with the same strain across the board. There's going to be some light imbalance, but I'm excited to see just how bad

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. First Grow - Day 49

Far right plant certainly has some kind of deficiency that I'm going to look into this week, it's a tad too late to flush. At least I think they are going to be too short to reach the light so the pot size might be perfect, but I feel like down the road I will downgrade to just two plants, probably in rectangular pots. For the sake of this experiment though all variables that can be the same will be the same.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]