Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

indoor budz

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by conciousvibee, Mar 14, 2009.

1. how can i tell the difference between hydro and soil grown. i have some bud that appears to be frosted as fuck and seemed as if a lot of the stems were really skinny didnt account for much weight. could any body help me out? feel free to ask qs about the bud cuz i go two strains of supposed hydro grown flavs sitting in front of me.

2. I mean, bud being frosted as fuck but not having as much weight to the stems probably indicates more its genetics...

3. The short answer is you can't, not really. The longer answer is an experienced grower or dealer can sometimes make a really good guess based on many different factors.

One is not better than the other. Quality control is easier indoors and indoor bud tends to be more 'pampered', but the power of the Sun is amazing. With proper care outdoor bud is not only as potent and otherwise high quailty but the bud sizes and yield are normally far larger.

4. i wasnt taking away from good outdoor at all i love some dank bud regardless. i was just wondering what kind of clues would point out soil grown from hydro. i heard that hydro sometimes has hollow stems though id love to get a pic up here 4 u its some kill.

5. Like I said it's very hard to tell if both were well grown. I can often make a good guess but not from just a picture. I'd usually want to smell/feel/taste as well as examine several bud samples. Sure you can post pics and we can make guesses but you really can't tell for certain.

Why does it matter?

Tell you what, you just send it all to me and I'll let you know what I think. Joke! ;)

6. Curiousity, i was just trying to get better at distinguishing some buds. to be honest i know that most indoor is bassically babysat anyway so i guess it just comes down to the personal grower and not the method of growing?

7. If you get six old timer growers in a room together with a pipe you'll inevitably get to a point where they start debating about which is better, but yes. I've done both and it comes down to genetics and the skill/dilligence of the grower. There are advantages to both methods.

8. Wow i am an idiot thanks. Hydro just grows and produces crop quicker in general that is "advantage" id assume. Its wierd how things can be construid from their original perks cuz everyone thinks "hydro" is the bomb. thanks for helping me relize and notice yet again that you learn something new everyday

9. Most hydro is good stuff but I've seen some really crappy grows from people in the past indoors as well as out.

You're not an idiot for asking; it's a valid question. It's also a common misconception that 'dro' is automatically better. Most people who grow indoors spend a bit of money on their setup and often on seeds. It stands to reason they will probably pay more attention on average than someone growing outdoors.

The best of each are equal in quality and potency. As for growing faster, that's not really true; you just are not tied to the seasonal changes in light and can harvest non-stop year round. On the other hand a single plant outdoors can, all else being equal produce many, many, many times as much as it's indoor sister. My largest indoor/hydro harvest from a single plant was just under 9 ounces dried and trimmed. My largest outdoor harvest from a single plant was over 2 lbs. I think. I'm getting old and my memory is fading :smoking: