Indoor Apartment Grow. (Denver) (Advice)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by A64 Team, Jan 18, 2013.

1. :wave: Hey whats up GRASSCITY, A64 Team fresh out of denver. :smoking:

I must admit that I have been waiting years to come on here and actually share my grows with the world and not be sketch about it! This grow is completely legal and will remain legal throughout the process. I will be posting pics soon..

Without further blogging personal bullshit,

I am growing in a 8X8X8 :hello:

Full on ghetto setup from intake, exhaust, heater, and humidifier.
    I have a total of 18 plants at the moment.

9 Bagseed plants
    9 Dispensary clones

Of the 9 I have:

Maui Waui
    Pineapple Express
    Master Kush
    Afghan goo
    Afghan ghost
    Venom OG #3
    Chemtrail #3

Using regular Miracle Grow Organic.

Looking for a HPS light for under $160

Also looking for ANY advice from the Grasscity folk. ;)

Respect the city! :D

2. Got my 150 watt mini sunburst from my local hydro store for like 90 bucks if that helps. I see 1000 watt one for like 330 in the shop so a 400 watt would maybe a little over half the price of the 1000 watt one

3. Yeah Im honestly really wondering
    if I can do a batch of 18 plants in a sog 4x4x8 setup.
    I plan to have the veg room and flower room separated by mylar of just a tarp..

How many watts would I need for 18? don't plan on letting them grow too long.. So I was considering getting a 600w light but I am open to suggestions! :confused:

4. mmm I have never done scrog but what I heard from my buddy that has been growing forever that its mostly depends on the wattage your using. basically what he told me was that doesnt matter if there are 5 or 10 plants under the 1000 there still is only 1000 watts, the more plants you have the more they have to spread that 1000 watts across each other. In end he doesnt count how much bud he gets from a plant he counts how much bud he gets from under one light. Like i said he usually puts 9 to 12 under 1000 watt HPS. In the end extra light never hurts it just producing more and better nugs.

5. as for the tarp you better make sure no and i mean none what so ever have light leaked into the flowering. it must be completely dark during the flowering stage when its suppose to for stress reasons and what i heard possibly switching it male. So i advise two grow tents if you cant stop light from leaking into the flowering room during the dark stages.

6. Nahh I'm saying SOG Sea Of Green, basically shoving them all close as fuck and trimming the bottom 1/3 of the plants.

Yeah Im kinda sketch over putting 1000w through my apartment light socket haha.. trying to avoid that much, because as soon as I can Im going to LEDs. :D

7. what i have heard and personal experience with LED is that there not that good and arent what they say they are. you should be fine with the socket shit especially if that the only thing being plugged into that socket. He isnt doing the scrog method so the 9 to 12 plants are normal size plants so i would maybe say 15 16 at the most if its the sea of green method but hey i could be wrong just imo

8. Those are looking nice very healthy.

9. Idk man Ive just heard some good things about them, could be a dumbass. If I am I guess I can turn around and sell them to the next dumabss hahaha

Im probably gonna like hps so much I wont go to LED.. ;)

10. no problem man, go to a thread i posted on called Should I Buy HPS? One of the guys is gonna use that exact led and post pics during the flowering( thats when it only matter i know their good for veg) so i guess look for his pics that he post if your interested in LED. me personally i ain't believing anything but this kid when he is done with his grow, I guess will see if he is correct in about 3 to 4 months

11. I'm using mg organic too lol :wave:

12. I grow with a 1000 watt hps in a apartment bro no problems at all! :) just good bud!! Plus my xcell bill is only 80 buck a month in a 2 bed!! Step ur game bro get 2 600s for that many plants!! That's my next plan!