Indoor 400w MH/HPS 2nd Grow ️

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by OGrowH, May 28, 2015.

1. What's up GC Community! This will be my second indoor grow using a spare 8x10x7 bedroom. I recently in my last grow which you might have stopped by and gave me some great advice, used the closet in the bedroom, harvested and got about a oz per plant. I had 3 plants I just chose to harvest at different times etc. ANYWAYS I have decided I want to go a little bigger this time I was happy with the results from my first grow, I just would like more outcome for the input you know? So here's the Deal!

* I'm using little under half the 8x10x7 bedroom and I'm going to hang a tarp or some panda sheeting to split the room in half to kinda mock the flower and veg rooms " in one room " concept. Lol if that made since . Except I'll still only be using half the room for both veg and flower. I'm not ready to take care of a perpetual grow yet. Lol anyways.

****DETAILS****
    * I'm Using my 400w HPS light again
    *I'm growing 4-5 plants in 3-5 gallon pots
    *My STRAINS I'm growing are
    -1x Wos Strawberry Blue Fem
    -1x afghani
    -3x KCB Special Haze fem
    * I will be using FFOF as my medium throughout the whole grow I was very satisfied with overall performance last grow.
    * I have to go grab some nutrients, I would like to get a actual line bc my last grow I used multiple nutrients lol with no set schedule etc. turned out good smoke for first grow
    ^^***Any suggestions on a nutrient line that will work great and be reasonably priced since I'm going to be using larger pots ?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432826694.128834.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432826727.248578.jpg
    I KNOW THERES A SEED MISSING LOL IT HASNT POPPED YET SO I HAVENT PUT HER OUTSIDE ️️
    Any questions or advice etc PLEASE HELP I NEED ALL THE SUPPORT I CAN GET !!
    THANKS AGAIN GC Community!!!!

2. Subbed up brother! Looking forward to seeing how your Strawberry Blue turns out. Also I want to see how that Afghani turns out as all of mine either died or was a male. Good luck and happy growing!

3. thanks Mann! And of course I'll keep you up to date etc with pics and everything. I'll message you and add you as a friend.

4. Good luck bud..I'm also using a 400 watt setup..got 4 girls going plan on having them in 3 and 5 gal bags..but I'm using roots organic soil and nutes..I've heard great reviews on their line..watched a few vids on YouTube as well they did a soil comparison against..roots organics..ffof.. And miracle grow..the mg was the worst obviously..bht the roots did a lot better and without needing nutrients during the veg state like the ffof did..

Hope you get more than an oz per plant..I'm personally going for 3 to 4 oz per plant..

5. aww Mann this is a perfect opportunity to work together etc thought the grow. Do you have a topic or thread I can check out?

6. Good Morning GC community!
    Just wanted to post a updated pic in my grow room with my light setup and get some suggestions or advice on how my setup is. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432912244.852893.jpg
    Here's a updated pick of my girls too !
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432912344.814820.jpg

7. So I am by far NOT an expert grower, but as far as suggested nutrient line, I use FFOF and Fox Farm nutrients. I use between 1/4 and 1/2 strength and have not had really any issues with it. The FF trio for soil is less than $50 on Amazon. That's just my 2¢. Have you made a decision on nutes yet?

8. i haven't yet. Ill be going to my local hydro store to pick one out. Ill post my options and decision I make

9. Just brought my girls in from outside about 30 minutes ago. They were outside in the sun for awhile soaking up the natural lumens and cO2. Lol anyways here's a Pic of them, I have them under my kitchen sink light and a Cfl not sure how many watts or lumens. Ill check and reply back. Thanks for stopping by and sharing tips and advice.
    Happy Growing ! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432939495.019906.jpg

10. Lol I also changed my mind on my grow room setup as far as the pot formation here's a pic. Let me know what you guys think ! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432939636.600399.jpg

11. When you gonna transplant man? Taking them outside or not that light is still gonna make them stretch.

12. #12 Golden Lungs, May 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2015
    General organics is a pretty simple and forgiving nute line not to mention organic u just have to use a myco like orca or great white and un chlorinated water.
    I've heard good things about medi-one too it's a 1 part base nutrient.

13. Check out my journal in the indoor growing journal section..

14. should I Transplant and stick under MH? Or transplant and still use cfls ?

15. Worst idea ever!!!!!!   

Use the whole room dude

16. Here is a Pic of the 4 girls under my 400w mh bulb. How many inches away from the plants should the light be ? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433037420.386208.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1433037446.338054.jpg

17. I'd say you're good man. Gonna do some topping and LST eventually? Get that yield up!

18. i do plan on topping and trying some lst. Any suggestions on best time to LST

19. Once you top so after the 4th node probably. I'll top, then tie down the 4 main branches that come up, then keep topping and more training from there.

Some people start LST way before that though haha that's just what I aim for.

20. #20 OGrowH, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2015
    Good afternoon GC community. Checking in with a update! So I transplanted yesterday and fed with GH Rapid Root to get those roots to flourish . Lol I also have all four plants under my 400w Mh bulb since yesterday and they seem to be doing fine. I have a small occilating fan blowing on them 24 hrs to get those stems strong. I'll turn off for a couple hours to let them rest and recover. I fed 3 of the 4 plants with the feeding schedule today I started week 2 and fed for the first time (I'll attach a pic below) I also attached a pic of my Thermostat and Humidity
    View attachment 1788540 View attachment 1788541 View attachment 1788542 View attachment 1788543
    Strains Im growing :
    1-Wos Strawberry Blue Fem
    1-Afgahani Regular
    3-Special Haze Fem

I accidentally lost track of the last three strains lol so I have to try and find out who's who once they flower etc. I know which one is the Wos Strawberry blue. It has a orange piece of tape on the pot. I have them all on a 18/6 Lighting schedule.
    Any questions or advice please post it or lmk
    Thanks for stopping by!
    Happy Growing!