Indian Food Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General' started by buffEt, Oct 17, 2007.

1. So I got hungry today, checked the fridge, and didn't find shit. That's when I remembered I passed by an Indian takeout place that's near my house last night. I haven't had me any Indian food in a while, so I decide I'll go check it out today. Got me a combo plate with some rice, Palak Paneer, Vegetable Korma, Chicken Tikka Marsala, Chicken Vindeloo, and some Garlic Naan to top it off.

If anyone of you recognized any of the words I just listed off, you can appreciate how bomb it was. :D

I'm guessing a lot of you haven't tried Indian cuisine, so if you like other Asian foods, I'd definitely recommend that you go and out try some if there's a place near you.

Some Hindu Kush, munch out on nice Indian food with a big cup of Bhang on the side. They know how to get it done.

[​IMG]

2. Definitely not a fan

3. I've never tried it, but you have intrested me in it, how does it taste? Spicey, or just all around amazing.

4. hell yea I love Indian food, Thai too!!!

all you need's some mango lassi with that meal :hello:

5. I love indian food, but it doesnt love me. I cant remember the last time I had really good chicken vindeloo

6. There's a good amount of dishes that places would serve that are spicy, but I'd say most of them aren't really spicy at all. It's hard to describe the general taste of the cuisine (how would you describe to me the taste of Chinese food?, for example), but I think it's a pretty unique taste, as they use a lot of herbs and spices to flavor their food. But it's not like so unique, like say sushi, where you've never tasted anything like it. Pretty much all of the dishes are made up of either potatoes and other vegetables or chicken, totally flooded in different sauces. Get a lot of rice and a spoon (a fork can't pick all the sauce up), and let the taste buds delight.

7. I'm a huge fan of Indian food. I just can't eat huge amounts of it without bothering my stomach. :(