incredibowl i420 vs m420 vs fumo pipe

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by biggreens, Jul 17, 2011.

1. I'm looking to get one of these indestructible pieces and the only thing im really looking for is smoothness. I looked around but i couldn't find any review directly related to this factor. So does anyone know which one is the smoothest?

2. The M420 and the Fumo pipe are pretty much even and the i420 rips like a beast, or so I'm told.

3. Pros for i420 vrs m420
    Needs to be cleaned less often
    Hits harder since it has a bigger chamber

Pros for m420 vrs i420
    pocket size/travel size
    has attachment you have to buy separately to take bigger hits

4. Well, you don't 'have' to buy them. Check out my own extension. This is for the m420

skip to :54
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmpsKZvXlsM"]‪The Incredi-waterfall-bong‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

5. I have never used the i420 but I own both the m420 and the Fumo (with the added glass bowl and 9 inch tube, I've never hit it straight from the metal bowl). I like both of them, here are what I feel some differences are...

Using both with the same size tube I think you can take bigger hits out of the incredibowl and I feel the Fumo is overall smoother due to the smoke path/airflow characteristics. The fumo glass bowl is bigger and doesn't need to be packed as often as the m420 bowl.

Here's where I feel the differences are most significant:

The fumo has a TINY hole (like toothpick sized or smaller diameter) under the bowl that the smoke passes through and I feel that it kind of restricts the hit and "pre-diffuses" it for you. It also seems like the smoke does pool and cool a little more in the fumo possibly due to the small chamber underneath the bowl/screen or more contact with the aluminum body. The smoke I get with the fumo looks more like a diffused cloud and the m420 looks milkier. The hole in the m420 is small also but not nearly as small as the fumo.

Both get you baked but i feel the fumo delivers more consistent and smoother hits, you have to be more aware what you are doing with the m420. You can take bigger hits with the m420 but there is more potential for harshness.

Both clear at about the same speed visually, but you can feel the difference in air pressure between the m420 and fumo carb as the m420 allows for better airflow than the much smaller fumo carb. The fancy carb on the m420 is definitely not bs, it works way better than a traditional carb.

Because of the tiny hole in the fumo, I feel like it helps conserve your bud a bit more. The smaller amount of airflow in the fumo will make you less likely to torch the whole bowl (especially since you can see it on top). I like to totally pack the bowl in the fumo and I can get at least 10-20 good hits out of it if not more if I am trying. I can only get about 3-4 out of the m420 before it needs a repack, it just burns faster and is harder to corner.

Now I use my fumo more like a traditional pipe and the m420 is mostly used as the initial bowl/ashcatcher for my bong. I'm still on the fence if I wanna get the i420 or a MFLB next.

Be happy to answer any questions about these pieces love em both.

6. #6 nataku916, Jul 18, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yeh I use my m420 on top of bongs too, do you pull off the entire m420 to clear the bong or do u use the carb pull on it?

7. I use the carb first to clear the chamber then pull it off.

8. I decided to go with the incredibowl. I found it for $60 at my local headshop. Now whats the best cleaning fluid to use with it? I heard the best way is to throw everything in isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Should i do this?

Also i currently have the MFLB and i cant stop recommending it. but for MFLB vs i420, i say get both! the m420 hits like a champ i cant imagine how smooth the i420 will be. i also plan to get the i420 in the future. m420, MFLB, and i420 :smoke:

9. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXEakal-u1I]‪How To Clean Your Incredibowl‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

10. ahhh im torn right now between the fumo or the i420
    what would you do?!?!
    also can the fumo be reached with a regular q-tip in each nook n crannie to be cleaned that way?

11. if you had none atm and were between the fumo and the i420 what would you get??
    also, is the fumo reachable with a regular q-tip for cleaning each nook n crannie?