Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Increasing the Potency of Weed Cookies

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Cat Man Do, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Alright so I've had plenty of experience cooking with weed but the last few times I've been trying (with not as much success as I'd like) to create a more potent cookie. My problem usually stems from the weed to butter ratio. Ideally I'd like to put about a half oz into about 6 cookies so it would work out to 2+ grams per cookie.

My issue usually stems from the fact that you need so little butter to create 6 cookies it can be hard to cook. Is there a butter/weed saturation point that I'm in danger of broaching when using so little butter and so much weed? Can any of you all think of a better way to go about making these cookies super strong? I know I could just make more cookies and spread the half out over them, but I don't like having to eat a ton of junk food to get high.

I've also been thinking about just leaving the weed in the butter instead of straining it out to increase the potency a bit. Any culinary tips from the stoners online today?

2. I would just eat more cookies as long as they are delicious.:smoking:

3. just make sure when u make the butter there is like an even amount ..in weight

4. i stopped using butter because its fat content is lower then that of veg. oil and thc is fat soluble so the more fat the better right

5. i made a batch of brownies with 1/4 of crappy mids and two 1" x 1" x 1 " brownies cubes made me reallllllllllllllly stoned to the point where i was passing out at a concert. (thank god we had seats and not floor seats lol). I smoke 6 or 7 days out of the week and usually between 2-3 times a day
    edit: so my point is i dont think half an ounce for only 6 cookies is a good way to use your chronic...

6. Daaaamn. I made these way too strong!!!

NEVER AGAIN

I ended up putting 1/2 oz into 8 cookies. Cooking the weed and the butter in a double boiler for ~3 hours before baking them into cookies.

I had two cookies and was just way too high. My friend had only one cookie and he was way too high also!

They kicked in fully after a little over an hour. It just felt like my head was pounding with way too much blood and my mouth was sandpaper dry. It was not a good time at all.

Plus, I ended up passing out and didn't wake up until 10 pm the next day. That's like ~20 hours of sleep! When I woke up, I still felt like shit, had something to eat and fell asleep again until noon Sunday.

Fuck. Now I have all these ridiculously potent cookies and I don't even want to eat them I feel so shitty from greening out so hard. :(

7. Try eating 1/2 or even just a 1/4 of one now and you should be fine. I know exactly how you felt, its soo brutal.

The worst was when I was working a booth in a 10 shift for a astronomy exposition. My eyes were on fire and my head felt like exploding, all complimented by triple digit weather conditions! :hide:

8. Yeah be careful with edibles foreal.. I had one that ruined getting high for a while. I felt like I was moving in different directions at the same time even though I obviously wasn't, among other bad feelings that I cant really remember anymore (it was a while ago). The worst part is I couldn't go to sleep so I had to tough it out and try to calm myself down. It ruined getting high because once if I got high enough I would feel the same effects and couldn't control it even though I knew it was mental. Eventually I think I just "forgot" the mental feeling and I can get super lit again (well not really because too high of a tolerance lol, but I don't get any bad feelings anymore). So yeah just be careful and remember it's all mental.

9. if you want to fit as much ganj into butter as possible you should try the water method. By adding water to the melted butter your can fit more mass into the overall liquid thus exposing all of your herb to the butter without making too much. to get rid of the water, freeze the mixture in the refrigerator and in a few hours your cannabutter should harden on the top and you can just pour the water out.