increase yield on autoflowers?

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by takingiteasy, Jul 14, 2011.

1. How can I increase yield on autoflowers?

2. put it outside

3. I dont think NYC would approve.

4. Yeah, your best bet would be outside. Outside operations usually always yield far more from what I've seen.

Although you don't have that option.. second big yield increase I've seen from being around here and just learning would be to use hydroponics. it isn't the greatest for taste (from what I hear)... but you can definitely boost your yield from hydro.

Third thing I could think of.. if you don't do hydro... is just using LST and SCROG methods. If you do this right in your setup, you'll end up having bigger cola's on your side branches in addition to your biggest cola on the main branch.
    ^ I'm going to do LST when I get my first run going.

I was going do auto's outdoors this year but I had a me-stake occur so that plan went straight down the drain. Maybe another year.

Hoped this help - from n00b to n00b.

5. Thanks. I'll look this up

6. you want like zero stress on autos.

so i wouldnt stress train it or anything.

id run a sea of green.

which is ALOT of little plants in one space.

and autos are perfect

7. Ahh thanks alot I was thinking about lst but Im just gonna leave them alone under cfl's

8. He knows better than me ~.~

9. You def can LST autos. Be careful and do not over-do-it. As long as your not breaking, topping, etc, the auto shoudnt hermie.

10. When should I start the LST because I know flowering comes early for autos and I wouldnt wana start to late and not get enough training in

11. I just harvested 2 autos you can see it in my signature. From seed to harvest was like 67 days. It grew so fast that I dont think I could train it for shit. I just let it grow.

12. You got a pretty awesome setup there. Im only working with cfls smh

13. i agree with pigpen i have found lst autoflowers is tougher than lst a regular photoperiod strain. The main reason is they start flowering so damn quick that you don't have time to get them trained the way you want before the AUTO flower.

puffer

14. So what kind of yield can I expect from 1 autoflower plant? Its from sweet seeds called fast bud. I want like 15 to 20 grams from this plant....am I thinking to high?

15. You're probably not thinking too high at all. I've seen a lot of people come out with at least those numbers, while others have pushed a little under 2oz's..(54g's) hit that number and exceeded per plant.

It's all about how you treat your baby bro..

16. #16 VTX1800, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    This tome of year, I start my autos indoors under CFLs and move them outside after a month.
    I have scroged, topped, and just let them be, and found the yield to be very close to the same amount regardless of how I grew them.
    I usually pull 2-3 oz per plant dry in the jars, depending on the strain. To just say autos, can be misleading, as there are so many strains out now, and there can be a big difference in the plants that are all sold as AUTOs.
    Generally, the way to get the most yield, is to grow outside, use large air pots, Coco/perlite mix, good furts, and good grow techniques.
    You will be amazed at what good smoke can be grown in 60 days from seed.
    Have fun.

17. Thanks for the input....speaking of nutes though what would everyone recommend? I've been looking at bud candy and tiger bloom. I want the buds to get nice and fat. What should I get?

18. #18 VTX1800, Jul 23, 2011
    All the manufactures have something for blooming. I can't say which one is the best, or even if there is a best.
    Some might be better for one strain or another. I use big bloom or GH bloom. And some molasses. Everyone that tries my buds, like them.

19. Haa. Thanks bro. Yeah... up North East it's a lot harder to find space to grow outside - especially for me because I wouldn't even know where to put that beautiful tree at (moved out my comfortable area 2 yrs ago).

But yeah I plan on getting some dinafem automatics... they still have the automatic haze's on sale right now so.. I'm going to buy a 5 pack of critical+ auto's... and get 6 automatic haze's... :eek: :smoke:

Plus everything they owe me in my last order i never got - which should be june promo's, blue himalaya nyc diesel and oh yeah - can't forget the UFO's for both orders.

:smoke: at once I said fuck 'tude... and yet again I say go 'tude.

20. #20 VTX1800, Jul 27, 2011
    I like the Tude.
    Some of my friends are growing the critical + and say it's a very good auto.
    I'm just germing an AKR right now that i got off the June promo.
    I'll have to get me some of those criticals.
    Let me know how it goes for you.