Incense

Discussion in 'General' started by Borstal, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Who else here loves the smell of incense? Not only is it good for masking the scent of weed but it has such a calming effect. I don't use it to mask my weed, thats a bonus, I just like to relax and clear my mind with it.

2. i LOVE incense man. i burn it all day long. heres my burner.

[​IMG]

i love all of that comapnys scents,

nag champa is a classic, so is midnight, patchouli, bunch of others i cant remember:rolleyes:

3. nag and pach are the only ones i burn..

coincidentally my boss (i work at a liqour store) is indian and prays 5 times daily to the east. He burns them while he prays.

they are very calming
    -Mark

4. awww you got a 95 A+ I am so proud of you! :hello:

5. Hell yeah dude, I bought a box of 25 little boxes with 8 sticks each (200 total) for $20. Sangre De Dragon. It smells great. I sell the boxes to people.

I consider myself an Incense dealer. I gotta watch out for the 5-0 and competitors with guns and shit like that.

6. LOL thats my biology final.

7. im a pretty big incense enthusiast
    i even make my own organic incense

8. Well.....Tell us how you do it, man. I wanna make my own incense to.

9. youll need

many fragrant herbs - patchouli, valerian, ginger, pennyroayl, chamomile, juniper, galangal etc. theres about 150 you could use

a couple types of resins- myrhh, frankincense, benzoin, dragons blood, copal

and some bases -sandalwood, clove, cedar

you gotta crush em all up into powder, add a little binder, then mold em together, you can make them into whatever you want so its pretty cool

i actually stole a book from the library about the Wiccan craft incense a few years ago. Theres about 50 recipes. Its pretty cool, it explains how each herb relates to certain elements

ginger, cinnamon- fire
    chamomile, coltsfoot- water
    hops, majoram- air
    patchouli, wold lettuce- earth

if anyones intrested i could make a more detailed guide

10. I'd be down for a guide. So certain herbs have certain applications? This is really cool, I like incense A LOT. All I have is Nag Champa, Goloka Nag Champa, and Super Hit. I like them all, but would love to make my own.

11. i love incense i have several different kinds that i burn, but usually i burn nag or a really good one a tibeten friend of mine that her friend made and it is way relaxing.

12. the church lady outside of the liquor store gave me some I burn sometimes. makes me feel mellow, like I need a hammock

13. Im burning up some sandlewood ones right now, feeling fine.

14. two words Nag Champa...

15. illadelphin im extremely jelous of your incense holder :p

ontopic, ive never really burned incense but im keen to try!
    i can see it mellowing me out heaps annnnnd masking the smell of weed in my room.
    Cheers for the idea =]

16. when burned, a marijuana-like scent although it does not contain a marijuana component. The incense comprises about 10 parts by weight ground alfalfa stems and leaves; about 1 part by weight ground bayleaves; and about 1.5 parts by weight powdered non-aromatic waxy maize corn starch binder. These components are mixed, about 6 parts by weight of water is added, and the total mix is then extruded, molded, coated onto bamboo sticks, cut, or otherwise formed. The formed mix is dried of substantially all moisture, and can thereafter be burned to produce a marijuana-like scent.

nice.

17. what? where can I get these?

18. i just bought some called sunrise. smells good.

19. I dunno if you would consider what I have incense. It's more of an oil burner thing. But it's awesome and totally covers up the scent of weed for when that's necessary :)

20. I have one of those, too! It's the beeest! I'll be smoking and someone sitting in the same room as me won't even smell weed.

I actually don't like the smell of incense that much, it can be too strong and it makes me feel suffocated.