In the market for a new portable vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Mithrandir, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Hey guys :wave: so I'm in the market for a new portable vaporizer and I'm wondering what recommendations you all have. I currently own both the flight box and the original iolite. I've been looking at purchasing the arizer solo, or possible another iolite (mine is fairly old and the ignition can be a bit stubborn somedays). I'm not worried about stealth, so that doesn't need to be a factor. I'm looking for something easy to use, reliable, and capable of producing some thick clouds. My lhs has the iolite for $250, and the solo for $300. Im likely going to be ordering online though, as the mark up is a bit steep. Any thoughts, suggestions, opinions, and knowledge would be great! Thanks in advance guys :smoke:

2. Being that you want a portable but not too concerned about stealth, I would suggest the following:

Get the Solo now.........on line for around 160.00

or

Wait a bit for the reviews to come in on the new Da Vinci Ascent, which looks REALLY good.

3. [quote name='"lwien"']Being that you want a portable but not too concerned about stealth, I would suggest the following:

Get the Solo now.........on line for around 160.00

or

Wait a bit for the reviews to come in on the new Da Vinci Ascent, which looks REALLY good.[/quote]

Any idea what price the ascent will run for?

4. 250.00

5. Solo is an amazing piece, you wouldn't regret it compared to an Iolite. :smoking:

Just for reference, the Solo was $300 when it first came out. :wave:

6. Picking up the solo today guys! :smoke:

7. Every positive review is spot on with the solo. I was worried that it was hype, but it still blew my mind. Your first bowl of dank will have you high as fuck.

8. I'm very excited! It's charging up now :smoke:

9. Did your LHS have it or something? I know my LHS has the Pax, MFLB and NO2 as bigger name ones. :smoking:

10. Yeah it did :wave: got it for $300

11. Holy crap! The original price point, never thought I'd see that. Even on the Arizer site they are $230. :eek:

Edit: I guess vapes pay for themselves though. Also much better than waiting for it in the mail :smoking:

12. [quote name='"Yosh139"']

Holy crap! The original price point, never thought I'd see that. Even on the Arizer site they are $230. :eek:

Edit: I guess vapes pay for themselves though. Also much better than waiting for it in the mail :smoking:[/quote]

Yeah, quite the mark up I know... But at least it's in my hands now :laughing:

13. True dat, I hated waiting for it :D

Don't make the mistake of loading herb straight in the vaporizer, I think someone here did that :laughing:

14. I'm about to get the Pax and I'm psyched, it's two hundie on eBay which is the best price I've seen. How do you like the solo op?

15. Puffitup.com has a 2 day air deal- $160 for the solo,charger, and 2 stems (the other deal is $160 3 day shipping with free grinder)

FYI, the free grinder has terrible metal shaving issues

16. I got that deal, he just wanted the thing in his hands today. :smoking:

I got a plastic grinder with my purchase.

17. Lucky, it's an extra grinder for me, I use it on the go as a small storage for a few bowls worth of bud anyhow, I have a shreddies that's still holding together....

On vapor topic though, I loved my vapor genie, wish I had gotten the glass Sherlock instead of the classic, but I think it's in retirement since me and the girlfriend each got our own Solos

18. Wow, two Solos. Spoiled bunch you guys are :p

I've actually been curious about the Vapor Genie, I want to try one :smoking:

19. Loving the solo guys! High as fuck :smoke: it goes through bowls pretty quickly on a 4-5

20. Fuck yeah, another satisfied Solo user :smoking: