In the Heights 2021

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Jun 16, 2021.

1. In the Heights centers on a variety of characters living in the neighborhood of Washington Heights, on the northern tip of Manhattan. At the center of the show is Usnavi, a bodega owner who looks after the aging Cuban lady next door, pines for the gorgeous girl working in the neighboring beauty salon and dreams of winning the lottery and escaping to the shores of his native Dominican Republic. Meanwhile, Nina, a childhood friend of Usnavi's, has returned to the neighborhood from her first year at college with surprising news for her parents, who have spent their life savings on building a better life for their daughter. Ultimately, Usnavi and the residents of the close-knit neighborhood get a dose of what it means to be home

free first 8 mins means producers need this to win..first great musical in a long while

Stoner Value - High (music and much needed 'feel good')

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Hmmm My Husband Probably Wouldn't Enjoy this But I Love Movies like This. I Will Have to Check it Soon.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I watched the trailer, and unfortunately it's not quite 'Woke' enough and kind of racist.
    I didn't see one single albino Peruvian transsexual height-challenged individual. All inclusive is supposed to mean "All" inclusive. Until the albino Peruvian transsexual height-challenged portion of our population are represented equally I can't watch this.
    Not to mention the complete lack of Albanians. I know that nobody like them, but that's not the point.

• Winner Winner x 1