In need of some help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by xCelticWolfx, Aug 31, 2009.

1. So back in January, a friend of mine was at his girlfriend's house, watching a movie with her.

He wasn't supposed to be there, but you know how that shit is. Her dad heard him, locked him in the room, got his gun, and shot my friend in the head.

So fastforward to last... tuesday, I think. The end of the trial for this fuck, sentence time.

The piece of shit gets 9 years.

Nine years for killing my 16 yearold friend who wanted to hang out with his girl.

What the fuck.

Is there anything I can do about this? The jury are a bunch of bitches and one fuck said he thought the dad was innocent because "it was dark" and he "didn't know it was Brendon" which everyone knows it bullshit. So to avoid a hung jury, they settled on nine years.

Here's a link for everyone, a big local radio station's morning show was talking about the murder and Sarah, Brendon's girlfriend and the killer's daughter, and Jimmy, Brendon's stepdad called in. Forgive his accent, he's from Denmark. It's kind of hard to understand him.

This one is Sarah: http://www.eitmonline.com/eitmonline2/media/eitmlive/B7E3C12FE6AADEB52059C9EBE6_EITM082609.mp3

This one is Jimmy: http://www.eitmonline.com/eitmonline2/media/eitmlive/61966BDD762FCD57D9AF6AA475_EITM082609.mp3

Here's a paper article on it: http://www.nvdaily.com/news/2009/08/murderers-children-ex-wife-outraged-over.html

2. man thats fucked up dude.

3. That is fucked, did your friend cry for help before he died? Not a lawyer but that sounds like straight up murder, did he get manslaughter?

4. No, Brendon didn't have the chance to say anything.

And no, the dad only got 2nd degree and use of a firearm for a crime.

5. Did his daughter think he knew it was her boyfriend because if so, that's extra fucked. I'm sorry for your loss and I'm sorry he's not getting what he deserves but he will get what's coming to him before it's all over.

Definitely fight for a longer sentence with a good lawyer but you should be willing to let go...

6. that is fucked man, I'm so sorry.

terrible.

7. Like I said, by all means pursue it, he deserves a MUCH longer sentence. He delibirately went, looked for and killed your friend.(As I'm listening to this interview) I wish you the best in that.

But I was just saying that if you don't get as long a sentence as you want for this pos, you should be able to emotionally let go carrying around revenge in your heart, that's all I mean. Not forgetting about your friend.

8. I'm really sorry about your friend. The legal system sucks ass. If it was my friend, I don't know what I would do. I would be tempted to kill the guy, but it's definitely not worth it. I don't know if there's much you can do, legally speaking, at least. Be sure to beat his ass if you ever get a chance.

9. Thanks for the support, everyone.

I just don't know how to pursue a longer sentence; does anyone know how?

10. oh man thats all sorts of fucked up, i hope he gets a longer sentence, i wish i knew how to help with that.

11. #12 Tiocfaidh Ár Lá, Aug 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2009
    man that is fucked up... thats brutal, i could never imagine that happening to a close friend of mine...

glad to see Sarah is putting a brave chest on things looking at the pic...

this next toke is for u bro.. sorry for your loss and sorry the guy got off lightly.

12. Haha, thanks.

Be sure to toke up for Brendon, too. ;)

13. YEH man i will bro. my friend was stabbed infront of me but luckily he was fine, wasnt too serious so i cant imagine what its like, im toking one for you all now :wave:

14. have you ever had to sit for a extended period of time in a federal or state prison? he'll get what he deserves in there trust me. it doesnt take much of a man to shoot a unarmed kid, we'll see how much of a man he is when the lights go out in the cell block..

im sorry for your loss bro, thats fucked up!

15. family dog Taco [heh heh, the dog's name is Taco]

I don't know what's wrong with the font here...

But that sounds horrible, just know he's going to have to live with it for the rest of his life. And the afterlife, whether you believe in it or not. Just know that your friend is in a better place and that more than likely there's nothing you can do to change the murderer's sentence, but just take comfort by knowing God will take care of you and your friend, and also God will take care of the murderer.