In need of some advice

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by imyourcat, Sep 20, 2011.

1. I need your opinions.

I have a girlfriend that I've been seeing for a few months now. It's starting to get to the point where we don't have much to talk about except small talk. I want to open up to her but I just can't get it out.

I want to tell her how much I like her and how great she is but I always feel like she doesn't want to hear it. I'm obviously afraid of rejection and have struggled with depression in the past. Although I've put that behind me and fight it everyday, I still suck at expressing my emotions and I suck at opening up to people.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to tell her about the depression problem I had. I haven't really told anyone about it and I was thinking that telling her would help me personally by talking about it as well as help our relationship by letting myself open up to her.

Is this a good or bad idea?

2. Unless you intend to conceal this point of your past from her forever, you always knew that you'd eventually want to mention it. That day simply came sooner rather than later.

The question now, is; does she care about you enough to accept you fully, honestly, with compassion one has for those they care about?

If she does, then the relationship has hope and will be stronger for it. Use this moment to explain why it took you so long to tell her. However, if your admission causes her to reject you, than you must accept the bitter-sweet knowledge that she was never going to be yours.

Hard as it is to hear, you are better off with someone who can love you fully as you are, rather than only on the ellipse of assumption.

Peace.

3. If she does mind...not worth being with anyway.