In need of some advice getting started

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by conbar77, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Well like the title says im a new grower and im only looking to grow just one plant :p

Well i really don't know where to start so IL throw in as much as i think you will need to know to give me some help

Well i want to grow just 1, yes 1 plant, outdoor....
    Im very confused on feiminization/auto flowering ect...

bottom line is im growing in a place far from home so its not accessible everyday...
    So im looking for a strain that can basically grow its self with as little as possible maintenance...

I would like a strain that has a very appealing taste and high yield (of course :p) and possile on the short bushy side instead of tall lanky side...

Im located in northern area of CA by the way...

Another thing is i would like to keep it organic and no pesticides/miracle grow ect so i guess id need a semi mold/disease resistance

so basic questions..
    what strain will best fit my needs
    how often do i water it?
    what kind of soil should i use? (if any since it will be planted in the ground)
    how do know if its moldy
    how do i know when its ready to be harvested

If any more info is needed just let me know thanks very much
    Peace and love :hello:

2. #2 pinkbear, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
    i think its too late in the year to start growing out side..

so basic questions..
    what strain will best fit my needs
    how often do i water it?
    what kind of soil should i use? (if any since it will be planted in the ground)
    how do know if its moldy
    how do i know when its ready to be harvested

1. if you want short and bushy get a indica plant. sativas grow tall and thin
    indicas can grow from 5-10 feet sativascan 15-25 feet doesnt mean your skills will make it that big.

2. watering depends on the plant and how fast it drys out. i water my plant 3 times a week. they do quit well with little water. easier to overwater them then under water

3. idk if you cant plant it outside this late in the year. i live in so cal and its kinda cold here. north cal is probly evan worse right now. but if you do i would still dig a hole and put store bought soil in it. you can get a plan soil and add organics to it. i bought kelloggs cactus and palms mix and added bone and blood meal.

4. how do you know if its moldy? how do you know if bread is moldy? it looks like shit......

5. being outside once again idk how long it take b4 harvest. the day need to be 12 hours of light and 12 hours of dark for the plant to flower..

3. im not going to begin to grow till next year.. thanks for the input so far!

4. strain? pineapple chunk - very mold resistant, large, indica. very suitable for outdoors

how often do you water? depends on how often it rains...

5. well like i said im going to be miles away from my plant so im trying to figure out how often i should go water it

6. and when im looking for strains..do i want feminized and autoflowering?

7. Also may i add some info the strain to be more specific... as for the high, i would like a strain that DOESNT turn me into a couch potato... i would like something a liiiitttle bit milder so i can still function and continue on my daily activites

8. Outdoor season starts in may....You can start growing indoors whenever,then wait until may to bring them out...

9. i am not growing till may im just trying to get all the info together asap

10. well, i mean if it doesnt rain you may have to go every 3-4 days, if it does, maybe you wnt have to for over a week, nobody knows..

as for a strain, sativa dominant strains give you that uplifting, non couch potato high. so do some research on mold resistant, stable sativa strains.

kali mist is one of my favorites when it comes to sativa

11. Do I plant auto flowering seeds outdoors or is that a bad idea?