In need of help asap. plants are in shock?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by rssmokeallday, Aug 4, 2009.

1. I just got 7 plants from a friend, they are all all around 4 feet tall. Well he had them outside, but he lives in town so i picked them up and planted them. They were out of the ground for probably 4 or 5 hours. I planted them a little before the sun came out. All that day they looked fine. Then the next day i checked them and they were extremely droopy and even some of the leaves closest to the ground had died ( not very many just a few on a few plants) but every single one is droopy and the leaves and flowers are drooped together, instead of stretched out like they were. They are all females supposedly from some white widow. I gave them some water and i mixed a little bit of soil i had left with the dirt when i planted. What can i do to get them back to they way they are, or is this normal and will take 5 or 6 days because of the shock? Is there anything else i should do for them and how much water you reccommend giving them?
    Also one last thing I have some of them planted on the edge of treelines like some trees may shade parts of the plant, is this bad? They arent like covered they are facing out where the sun can hit them but the top has huge trees that may give some shade and the side has some small branches but the whole front of the plant is open. man i hope im not out 200 bucks :(. shit thanks for any info guys i really appreciate it.

2. No matter how careful you are, some portion of the roots will be damaged during transplanting. It may take a few days, but as long as no major root damage was done (and you would probably know) they should bounce back. Keep them moist and try adding a shot of Vitamin B1 to the water next time you water.

3. Can be roots damage ,but mechanical damage is not fear if roots are not damaged above 30%. Im more afraid about less water or mole.
    That is not plant in the pots and over watering is less possible if soil is not to much clay.
    However there is problem with roots...sounds like that.

Water her first couple days, 1L is enough per plant.
    Give her once slight feeding with 1/2 of dosage.
    Check around plants for holes,if is mole you must replant her.

why not some picture ?

4. [quote name='TexarkanaTim']No matter how careful you are, some portion of the roots will be damaged during transplanting. QUOTE]

thats not true, never damaged a single root when transplanting, all you need is to be careful and not hurry while getting the root ball out of the pot

5. I would shade the plant for a few days somehow

6. A picture says a thousand words.....do you have any pictures to help see what the problem it?

7. Mine were drooping today after transplant last night and after a few hours in the shade today there starting to perk back up. I am going to add 1cup of h20 late tonight or early AM.

8. Im trying to get pics asap. They are still droopy, but one of them looks way better. A lot of the lower leaves are dead :(. the biggest one is still really droopy...Its been 3 or 4 days since transplant... should i have shaded them? or should i? I can tell im gonna lose a lot of buds because of the shock and all the leaves dying. I just wanna salvage these beast. Thanks for the replies i appreciate the help guys.

9. Transplant doesn't make droopy plants. If the roots were bare (which I suspect) then you should shade them for 2 weeks before they can take the sun again. If you transplanted and kept most of the soil around the roots, they shouldn't droop and go on their life normally.

10. Normal transplanting procedure is flooding them with water after the transplant to provide oxygen and then letting them dry to a point of normal watering.

11. the one plant that made it through it was the one most shaded, and it is looking amazing. I moved them to shade today, because im pretty sure i lost one it was smaller and all the leaves have slowly died on it, the other ones have lost leaves that have burnt up on the bottom leaves there is still a lot of healthy ones though that are just really saggy and droopy. I think the guy that i did get it off of kinda hurried up and f'd a lot of the roots, it was just the main huge root on a few of them, no little ones coming off. plus they were out of the ground for 4-5 hours One i didnt move, i put some branches kinda over top of it a few of them they are supported by another tree, is this enough shade for it? One i put behind the shaded one even more shaded back and the last one is completly shaded pretty much moved to a spot. I wish i woulda shaded them earlier because i know i have lost a lot of leaves and branches that would of had buds, but im just happy they may still have a chance. they were looking worse and worse every day where i had them so hopefully this shade saves them.. thanks againn

12. down to 4 plants and im pretty sure one of them is f'd it was about 5 foot. all the leaves have completely shrivled and burnt up. Atleast 2 of them are looking good and 1 im not sure yet its still in the shade.