In need of guidance

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by pfitz, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Hey everyone,
    This is my first post to the forum, hello all!
    Okay so today I received 2 thai-tanic strain seeds from Bonza Seeds (10/10 for service btw).
    I have everything I think I need and have started growing, I just need some more experienced growers opinions as I am uncertain.
    Okay so to germinate I have got myself some jiffy pellets, I soaked them then placed them in a bowl with a small amount of water in the bottom. I then placed the seeds about .8cm in the pellet and covered them with the potting mix I will be using (Brunnings Tomato one with blood and bones). I put them in a warm area of my house.
    After (IF) they sprout I will transfer them into a small punnet with the same potting mix and sit them outside during the sunny hours of the day and keep watering them.
    When they look big and strong enough I will transfer them into a big pot, from then on in I will just keep maintenance over them and go from there.
    Additional info is that I live in Adelaide, SA and I'm not doing an indoor grow because of funds, space and harsher penalties.
    So any advice, tips or do's and don'ts people have, throw them at me :)
    Peace and love

2. The problem with germinating seeds outdoors, in pots, is soil temperature. Pots will easily heat up, as opposed to the ground, and can be fatal for lil seedlings.

Its best to start seedlings off indoors, under a small cfl, until they have 2-3 nodes. Then move outdoors. greater chance of survival.

If you do start them off outdoors, keep them in the shade in the beginning, with your pots set above the ground...bricks or something.

Also, if youre planning on frequently moving your plants indoors and out...dont. Try to keep them in one environment. Frequent fluctuations can cause stress...which can add up to a hermie.

3. Cheers man, yeah I will try to keep them in the one spot. Thanks for the germination tips, i was only gonna keep them inside till the roots shoot through but I will keep them in a bit longer. Thanks again :)

4. Unless they are autoflower seeds you may have some issue with the length of daylight this time of year. Photoperiod dictates behavior as far as veg/flower. As the days get shorter the plants move from vegetative growth to flowering.