In love with a girl I shouldn't be

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by SqueezetheGrape, Mar 5, 2013.

1. I won't go into any details. But I simply shouldn't be into this girl. How do I get her off my mind?

2. On to the next one

3. Bro, go for it.

Never deny your heart

4. Don't think of the purple elephant. Now you're thinking of the purple elephant.

Sensory overload is probably your best bet. You can't just stop thinking of someone or fall out of love with them. What you can do is immerse yourself in so many other things (and relationships) that there is rarely time enough or space in your head for her to occupy. The longer you can keep that up, the further away she'll go. It's not an easy thing, but many go through it.

New girls are only one aspect of this. You need to take up a sport (make it yoga) and maybe get involved with some kind of cause. Spend more time making yourself useful to your family. Tackle a massive novel. Throw yourself at an art project. Find free/cheap shows and go to all of them. Do things that you think will leave you feeling fulfilled. Do things to impress yourself, not her. Create a version of yourself that is extremely valuable and successful and relates to her only in her absence. You can never get rid of addictions, only replace them. The goal here is to fall more in love with a more deliberate/fine tuned version of yourself.

If you do find yourself thinking of her, try to avoid any overwrought or absolutist sentiments.

5. Call her a cunt and watch the bridge burn.