in laws are a nightmare

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Yourlocalphantom, Aug 20, 2013.

1. man my mother in law is a closet addict to something... she totally disrespected me in front my daughter twice and now she's not allowed to come over without her daughter there,n now she's blaming me that she never sees the baby

2. lol yer funny

3. Time to break out the pimp slap!

4. Im not suggesting to say fuck you biiiiiiiiiiaaaaaatch

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Sounds like you have the situation under control and did the right thing. Props.

Good.  She's your baby, not the grandma's baby.  Obviously it is good for a child to have a grandmother who is a part of the family and visits sometimes.  But many new grandmothers are reliving their motherhood and can get a little mixed up about just whose baby it really is.

7. 100% this.

We were 16 when my girl got pregnant and obviously were going to need some help from my folks (not so much hers but there are reasons) but I was worried about my mom trying to "take control". It all worked out for the best but too many times I've seen grandparents take over needlessly, and as odd as it is.... refuse to take over when the situation calls for it /shrug.

As for OP.. "totally disrespected" is a bit vague. Too much so for me to say Good job you did right but meh. Do what you gotta do.

8. for some reason they think myself and my family are white trash(from what she had said) when in reality its her,ican't wait until my daughter speaks for herself

9. What exactly did she do to disrespect you in front of the daughter?

10. She told me I was a piece of shit
    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. You'll be called a lot worse. I can see the initial anger, especially being a new father (I'll assume because I read daughter not being able to speak for herself as the kid being very young) but gotta eventually let stuff like that blow over. Also assuming that she eventually quits being a complete bitch.

The more help the better, even the greatest parent will benefit a lot by having a team of support behind them. If it's at all possible I'd suggest trying to solve the problem but obviously that's not always possible and some people need cut out of lives.

12. just dont go around the mom in law...im sure the wife would uunderstand

why u gota spend  THEIR time with them?

enjoy the time without the wife and kids

13. My ex's mam hated me, for no reason whatsoever, we were together for 8 years and she despised me from day one, for a long time I walked on egg shell around her, then I got a bit older and realised I didn't have to take shit from her so I told her exactly what I thought of her and to go fuck herself, 
    I never did anything to make her hate me, I think she will hate any girl he ever brings home, plus she's an alcoholic lunatic so she's not a very rational person
    Thank god we weren't married and didn't have kids because she would 100% be the type to badmouth me to the kids and i don't know how I would deal with that, I'd probably be locked up on assault charges if I'm honest 

14. same here lmm lol sadly

15. [​IMG]

16. They did it again...wtf people

17. Don't answer their calls, let them in, answer a text, hell don't even reply to an email unless your wife is home. Make it clear that unless they show you the respect you deserve. If it goes on and on, talk to your wife and tell her that if they keep showing up or otherwise harassing you, you'll call the police without leaving you alone. Give her the chance to let them know they need to stop because you're serious about the disrespect being to much. Don't do it if your wife is completely against it, but she needs to see how much it pisses you off.

18. I can't wait to ask her questions about diabetes,I think it's horrible to claim you have something that is a serious ailment that people suffer and die from, meanwhile she's an alcoholic and pill head

19. Mom in laws suck...just my 2 cents.