Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

In Health Class Today...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Tripple A, Sep 5, 2009.

1. #1 Tripple A, Sep 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2009
    For all of you doubters, Health and P.E. is an elective, and possible to take when you are a senior. And yes, it is possible to be 18 as a senior as well.

In health class today, I found the activity really funny.

We sit down and we get handed this little remote control to take a survey, which is projected on the Smart Board.

So the answers come in in ominously, so everyone was being honest. It was a survey about alcohol and drugs.

Now this classroom is filled with people who look like stoners. This one kid gets in trouble everyday for coming to class high. But anyways, we all take the survey and our teacher shows us the results.

Have You "tried" Marijuana in your lifetime before?

Everyone, everyone except one kid in that class said he didn't, and we all figured it was this autistic kid who didn't. (That would be cool if he smoked, cause I'm sure it would help him out)

I found it funny 'cause the teacher was discussing the dangers of alcohol when the questions came up, but when she saw the results for marijuana, she had :eek: look on her face lol.

So she skipped the question and everyone laughed.

I just thought I would share this, they should be focusing on alcohol abuse more than marijuana.

2. They teach seniors health class these days? Weird.

For some reason the thread title made me think of 'American Pie'.

"This one time...in band camp..."

3. #3 Jawbreaker Jake, Sep 5, 2009
    Wait, I'm confused. What happened? Every kid except one had tried marijuana before?

And I think you mean anonymously ;)

I took a health class in 8th grade, and that's it.

4. yea, i used that same system for my psych class.

5. Lol I thought the same thing, I took it sophomore year.

But yeah, they really need to focus on binge drinking and harder drugs, not weed. Bu, they still will of course.:rolleyes:

6. #6 Caribbeanbreeze, Sep 5, 2009
    Ha. This exact same thing happened to me when I was in high school. Except the reason why there was one person who said they hadn't is because the kid (my smoking buddy) was out of the room.

Gotta love Generation Y :D

7. Yeah P.E. and health are electives, at least where I live. So everyone has to take two years of 1 semester of health and P.E.

So I waited my junior and senior year. I joined in July, and that is when I turned 18.

Doubt me if you want, but almost everyone in my class is seniors except for a couple sophmores.

8. I didn't say I doubted you, I was just curious. School has changed a lot since I was there. Back then it was in a cave, and instead of a chalkboard or whiteboard they used the cave walls and ochre paint to draw pictures. Well they had to draw pictures because we hadn't discovered writing yet.

9. Sorry OSG, I didn't mean to go off. But once you said that, everyone else thinks I'm underage.

Yeah my school district sucks though, we are required to have health for 2 of the 4 years of highschool.

10. Fuck what a waste of tax dollars. I knew more about health and sex and the body than any of my teachers by the time I was 14.

Idiotic politicians.

11. I'd pay to have my tax dollars go to kids still getting PE in school. We're unhealthy enough as it is, I'd hate to see school lose gym like mine did in high school.

12. High School gym class isnt gonna do much as far as losing weight and eating right, people need to have more of an interest in the "food" they eat.

13. PE is good. More than a few months of so called 'Health', given what they actually 'teach' in it, is not.

14. Yep. It's not as bad as the district tests we have to take though. We have to take these tests every semester, and they take up our learning time as well.

Just another way to tax us to make dumb tests like these. (These tests have no point at all. Just to test your knowledge and see how you are doing acedemically)

15. what school district do you go to school in?

16. That's total bogus, I graduated three years ago and I never had to take a single class like that if I did not want to.

Also, the smart board technology is fairly old, and now out dated where I live.

17. at our school senior PE is just pe no health, and its and AP class credit lmao. but anyways, iremember in health in like 11th grade or so my teacher talking about pot like "smoking marijuana is a bad habit" i loudly said FALSE in the middle of her lecture, and every other bs fact she said i got the hole class in on it the teacher got so mad she left the class lmfao

18. ^^^^^^^ Kudos, when i had to take health too, during the marijuana part of it, i just felt like going up to the teacher and smacking the shit out of her for the lies she was professing

19. I took PE when I was a senior. Didn't have to go to the class part, all I did was dominate freshmen in gym. One of the perks of being an athelete.

20. Hahaha you sound like the asshole who kept grabbing my tits. :mad: :p