in ground

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by fiorello420, Mar 8, 2010.

1. at this spot i cleared out, about 2 1/2 feet down water starts come up. think that would be too much water to get a grow in ?

2. yes in ground, good!

3. #3 hic, Mar 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2010
    no good.....find another spot. could be done by a master gardener though. how big is the plant before the transplant?

4. i was going to transplant into the ground at about 2-3 feet tall.

5. Roughly where in the US are you. I know a lot of spots right now that have a water table that close to the surface that in 2 months will be dry as hell. Think about your spot. Is it gonna be like that all year or drain soon? How much rain have you had recently? Do your soils dry out a lot during the year? It would also matter what you mean by "come up" if is is just starting to seep out after a couple minutes at 2.5 feet down then I would guess your fine. If it is an artisan well then no you need to move.

I am not insanely experienced grower but I am working in the soil science field so I am just making generalizations. It will all be pretty case specific I would think though.

6. right around 2 1/2 deep, water starts to come through the bottom and fills up about 3 or 4 inches...and im in GA, there hasnt been much rain. but sorry if i sound a bit dumb, ive just never grown in-ground..ive always been pots. but im planning on growing 6 females. my spot is pretty much perfect, i was just concerned about the water...i would guess when the sun comes out hot as shit, it would dry the soil up a good bit. also about 10 feet behind my spot theres a nice little creek that never drys up. but either way im using this spot, because im going pots and in ground.

7. Well as I said, I am not an extremely experienced grower, but if it were me and it was my best spot I had found I would probably at least try it with a plant or two. I am not sure about GA soils as I live in the North West, but a high percentage of soils I am familiar with will dry a lot as summer goes on. I have grown in similar soils and had good results so it might work.

GA gets a lot of summer rain though if I am not mistaken so it might be a problem. Another idea is, if they are on any sort of slope at all, dig down about 3 feet and then trench a little bit down and down hill filling the bottom 6 inches with lava rock or gravel or sand. A trench like that that will allow extra water to flow down in the gravel layer should help to drop the water table around your plants by a little bit. The idea is just to move a little of the water away so that they don't get far too much.

I am also trying an idea to reduce my watering with some extra seeds in an area I have used before with rubbermaids in a creek. Not sure how it will turn out but the rubbermaid grow worked pretty well last year. I just filled some 18 gallon rubbermaids with my soil mix and had them sitting in the creek. Creek was only about 2 inches deep though. They did take a decent amount of water and nuts but it worked pretty well as far as I was concerned.

Hope you figure something out and best of luck with your grow.