In DESPERATE Need of Help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by jahsista, Dec 6, 2011.

1. In desperate need of a diagnosis here... this is my first grow. Here's some info.

1. Are you growing from seed or clones? Seed
    2. How old are your plants? 20 Days
    3. How tall are your plants? LST-ing them at the moment, so very short
    4. What size containers are they planted in? 1 gallon pot
    5. What is your soil mix? Organic potting mix to start off, I use organic teas and things to fert, nothing chemical
    6. How often do you water and what type of water do you use? Tap water when the top soil is crusty and/or when the leaves start showing they are thirsty
    7. What is the pH of your water? not sure...
    8. What kind of fertilizer do you use and what is its NPK ratio? I have used everything from "fermented" strawberries, coffee grounds and bone meal, (in small quantities!)
    9. Do you foliar feed or spray your plants with anything? yes just water
    10. What kind of lights do you use and how many watts combined? 3 14 watt CFL's... I KNOW 100% that this is shit, but I am getting two 250watt HPS lights this weekend. (BUT those shitty low watt cfl's worked like a CHARM up till now, she was growing fast, not too much stretching!)
    11. How close are your lights to the plants? 3-4 cm
    12. What size is your grow space in square feet? It's super small, about 1,5m by 2m
    13. What is the temperature and humidity in your grow space? not sure, but I do ventilate the area often and my lights don't get hot
    14. What is the pH of the soil? don't know... can I test this with a pool ph testing kit?
    15. Have you noticed any insect activity in your grow space? no
    16. How much experience do you have growing? complete beginner, super eager to learn!!!

Thanks so much for any help, this little baby plant is like a child to me, and it makes me so sad to see her like this! [​IMG]

The nicer looking pic is of the plant about 5 days ago, still looking gorgeous and healthy... and the second pic is of her today... gosh, I could just cry!

Also, this forum is not allowing me to upload my pics, but here are the urls.

(Yes, I posted this on another forum, but have gotten no help.)

http://www.gardenscure.com/420/atta...3159563-baby-20-days-help-please-_mg_4086.jpg

http://www.gardenscure.com/420/atta...3159563-baby-20-days-help-please-_mg_4134.jpg

2. Anyone?

Also, I have read every guide and post I possibly can, but still have not seen anything quite 100% like mine. From what I have read, it could be either a nitrogen or phosphorous issue... but I am leaning towards nitrogen deficiency because there is bone meal in the soil?

3. First of all, beautiful plant. You can test with a pool pH tester, I personally use litmus paper. Both litmus paper and pool pHing kits come with the drawback that you don't get an exact number for your pH, just a color indication. Digital sets require a larger investment, but work much better.

I'm not confident enough in my ability to diagnose to give you a for-sure on your problem, but judging from the fact that your newer leaves are showing symptoms makes me think you're dealing with a deficiency in an immobile element. Looking at your first pic there, it could be an iron deficiency. I'm basing that on the picture in this guide: Self Diagnose Your Plants

If it is an Fe deficiency, yours doesn't look nearly as bad as the one pictured in the link.

4. Thanks so much for the reply dude! Yeah, I've gotta say, with my horrible lighting setup I am quite surprised they are growing at all/haven't died yet.