In desperate need of a PC game..

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by panicandrew, Jun 13, 2011.

1. I need a PC game that I can "lose" myself in..
    My girlfriend of over 3 years left me a few days ago, well like 2 weeks ago now.

I pretty much lost myself to prescription drugs after day two..
    For many reasons, the relationship just.. didn't need to end. It was all a big.. ugh I don't even know. I can't get into it I'll drive myself insane.

ANYWAY,
    Back to why I made this,
    I just need something to dedicate lots of time to instead of getting fucked up.
    Something to forget about her on, we used to play WoW together so I can no-longer play WoW.

I need a different game, but one where I can interact with people pretty often and find some good stoner friends on.
    I really really need it..

I feel like I'm going insane man.

2. #2 SHIT LIP, Jun 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2011
    Damn man sorry about that

Some ill games you can lose hours to:

counter strike source (huge stoner game)

total war series(campaigns last forever and it's addicting as fuck, history is pretty cool as well)

runescape's a big time waster but pretty lame nowdays

Mount&Blade!!! this game is fucking sick dude, you can ride a horse and bomb on bitches with a sword. No fantasy elements or anything.

Just torrent mount&blade it's single player

I don't play games much anymore so these are all pretty old games but they are good.

If you're at work:

Physics Games - online physics-based games is cool

3. CSS

Bad Company 2

World of Warcraft - should play WoW again anyways

Starcraft

Guild wars series

Team fortress 2

Age of Empires 2

Battlefield 2142

Call of Duty Black Ops

Shot Online - Golf game - kinda fun but really hard

4. Thanks, I've played most of those.
    It's really hard playing most of them as I played a lot with her, like lots of steam games and stuff.
    Hmm
    Any more suggestions?

They are all good but the more the better honestly.
    I feel so shitty right now I just need to get my mind off of shit..

5. Assassins Creed, Assassins Creed 2, Assassins Creed: Brotherhood....

Such an epic tale to get lost in hahahahaha

6. #6 SHIT LIP, Jun 13, 2011
    Idk dude sitting in your room playing games isn't a productive way to get your mind off shit. Go for a bike ride or work out. Go shopping. Don't sit playing games and moping around

7. You do know the way people handle things isnt universal, and you have NO idea how the op goes about handling their emotions.... if my and my gf were to separate, going on a ride/hike would just remind me of her.... we do those things a lot....

I dunno WHY you had to call them a pussbag child.... thats just offensive

8. Pussbag child is a shit putdown anyway.

9. I'm still right. It's a completely unproductive, childish way of coping with something.

10. #10 SIRSOG, Jun 13, 2011
    How does that make you right, because your view on how to handle things says its not a good way to do it... There is no set on stone way to deal with things.... people do it as they see fit, and sometimes, even the most highly "accepted" ways of doing things, doesnt work for everyone...

You really need to let go of the idea you know the op and how they handle things... because you dont, and your being extremely rude about doing it.... which is going to get you no where here

Now, to say video games is unproductive, you may be right, to say they are an unproductive way to get over something, you cant even claim that to be correct as that is unique to how each person does their own things... To claim its childish, is just flat out wrong.... Children handle things by throwing temper tantrums, breaking shit, crying, screaming..... i hardly think of a child who is like FUCK THIS, im just going to go sit and think things through over a round of call of duty

So where are you right?

11. Well, once tragedy strikes you, come back here and tell us what incredibly mature things you did to get over it. :rolleyes:
    Coming from a guy who still name-calls (especially towards people asking for help), this could be gold!

If strategy games aren't your thing OP, and you want a good, gory urban-adventure, I personally really enjoyed Prototype... it's decently exciting if you let yourself get into it, and has a fairly good plot and story line.

12. You should go find an even sexier broad to bag..

or you could play Oblivion/Morrowind/Fallout?

13. whats with all the hate... when was he braggin hahaha

14. No hate, but I'd hate to imagine anyone with an ugly honey ya know? :laughing:

Unless they're happy with said ugly woman.

15. i still dont get how this is bragging hahahahahaha

16. what about games for netbooks ? probly download WoW

17. *insert clever facepalm here*

18. ... ?? being that i use daemon tools i dont need a disc drive so idk wtf your trolling for. figured id ask sir

19. Op said no WOW, you didnt read op hahahahhaha

20. Diablo 2
    Baldur's Gate 2
    Knights of the Old Republic
    Knights of the Old Republic 2
    Neverwinter Nights 1 and 2
    Fallout 3, and New Vegas
    Any total war game
    Any Civilization Game
    Minecraft
    Terraria

All of these games have either story or entertaining elements and they all have the potential to keep you occupied for hours. Fuck the haters man, if sitting around blazing and playing video games by yourself helps you cope, that is all good bro. Whatever helps you cope! Me personally, I tend to do the exact same thing when I get down in the dumps. It's nice to have something to put your mind at ease for at least a little while.