In Dating, Opposites Attract or No?

Discussion in 'General' started by PostPunk420, May 9, 2008.

1. It seems like most of the time, in a dating relationship, couples have a lot in common. From personal experience, do you think opposites attract works better or similarities work better?

2. Depends on what you mean by "opposites"! I think couples with a lot of similar interests attract. Couples with different personalities (opposites) do seem to go good together!

3. Well I'm loud and abusive, my girls are usually quiet and timid.

Seems to work out that way most of the time.

Maybe it's just because when they open their mouth it gets smacked...

*Disclamer* The above remarks in no way represents the beliefs and/or opinions of DirtyPete and are for entertainment purposes only.

4. For me, I HAVE to have someone like me. I need to be able to share, converse, and do the things I like with my partner. I find opposites create too much conflict.

5. I know a lot of girls that are the exact opposite of me.
    I can't relate to them at all.
    Hard to get a good conversation with them.

6. 75% Similar : 25% Opposite
    Easy to get along with, but different enough to learn from each other and share new experiences.

7. I don't care if the girl is an opposite or similar. Its all about my connection with her. If we can't connect then its a No Go.

8. I believe it's somewhere in the middle.

I don't want someone that is completely opposite because they would probably just annoy the crap out of me. I don't want someone that is extremely similar to me, because then I might as well grab a mirror and milk myself.

A happy balance in between is something I like. I like to enjoy many things with the person I'm with, but I also like that person to have many different qualities than me, some things that I can admire about the person (i.e. playing the piano really well, etc.) It's also good to continually be surprised.

9. yeah id say this is true, since i fell in love with a straight edge conservative, but he broke my heart and left me because i wouldn't give up the ganga

10. Haha you don't have girls. I saw you're pic on here dude...jigs up.

11. Common interests bring people together, and different personalities do attract :)

12. ????

I've actually posted a couple pics of me WITH girls...so I dunno wut you're talkin about. :confused:

13. OH shit my bad, I thought those we're ogres.

14. I'm not sure what you're talking about, but enjoy the red bar I just gave you. :wave:

15. My crush is very much similar to me, except she's attractive.

Whether that's mutual, though, is dubious.

16. Oh god please no...not a red bar. WHAT THE FUCK MAN I'M GONNA DIE NOW JEEz thanks a lot.

17. No problem dude, any time.

18. IDK my last bf was nothing really like me, in a lot of different ways like the way he dressed, he was popular, and outgoing but we did have some things in common.

And yea.. that didn't last very long, but then again with guys I seem to be an emotional doormat that always ends up getting hurt in the end WOO! :mad: fuck relationships

19. Nah not for me. I always tend to go for the stoner + druggy + whos not afraid to speak their mind, no matter who hears or what they think + whos not afraid to beat some ass when it comes down to it + who listens to similar music, ect.

I find that they are more similar than anything, this way we have some common interests, which makes staying close a lot easier.

20. i dont think of it as opposite so much as,

complimentary personality characteristics.