In America 1 in every 3 people have tried marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by amsterdamage, Aug 6, 2008.

1. I guess everyone already knows this statistic, but still it's pretty damn cool! :hello:

(the current population of America is 300 million)

2. sweet statistic bro.:)

3. haha thats pretty awesome

4. I belive it! I thought it might have been a little higher though

5. you're probably right man, the survey was conducted by SAMHSA and relies on people telling the
    truth about their drug use. A lot of people don't feel comfortable about doing that in front of a government agency.

6. yeah I can understand people not fessing up to smoking to the goverment. I personaly know more people that do smoke than dont. thats why I thought it might be a little higher. I have met alot of people that are considered "upstanding citizens" that smoke bud regulary. To most you would never guess that they do. and thats just how they want it.

7. I don't know what the demographics are of the survey but I'd say there is a generational difference. People in my parents generation (in their 70s now) are much less likely to have smoked. That's actually why I've been thinking lately that I'll see legalization in the next ten to twenty years. I think that people are getting tired of the "drug war" and are starting to see it as a waste of time and money. We'll see what happens - maybe I am too optimistic - someone the other day told me they thought legalization was not possible in my lifetime. We'll see I think we are approaching a tipping point where attitiudes will change.

8. Surveys are never 100% accurate..

Also, take in to account the number of children up to a certain age (one which smoking would not be an option).

9. I'm blown away it's not like 98%. Non-response bias aside...how could anyone not get curious in highschool...(or in my case late middle school...) and at least try once/decide it wasn't for them? I'm blown away when people can just "not do" or "not try"...shit anything that seems as interesting as experimentation unquestioningly is to the developing mind.

Ah well...more for me :)

-Swerd Murd