In Affiliation with Grasscity

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by idowney, Oct 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 idowney, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
    This thread is directed towards the Grasscity administrators. It is a proposition, of sorts, pertaining to web affiliation between Grasscity and my own website. Out of respect for Grasscity and it's owners, I will not address my website by name or link, as I do not aspire to remove or divert traffic from Grasscity to my website.

I'm a long time viewer of Grasscity, first time member. I keep up to date with all of the current legal surroundings in correlation with marijuana through the forums and use many other forums on Grasscity as well. In the past recent months, I have been constructing a website for an on-going project of mine. The project, and website, is one that I think a lot of members here at Grasscity would enjoy. Especially those who are users of the 'Pandora's Box'.

The purposes and intentions of my website is to create a database for hallucinogenic compounds, from deliriants and dissociatives to psychedelics and nootropics. A hallucinogenic Erowid of sorts. It will be directly focus on hallucinogens and hallucinogens only. The discussion of illegal narcotic is and will be completely prohibited. Through collaboration, the website and team hopes to compound research and first hand information, as well as experiences, for any and all psychedelic compounds. The information will include things such as law, dosage, chemistry, and a more narrow focus on the effects of each chemical whether it be the biological and physical effects due to usage or the visual and emotion effects while influencing the drug.

There are a wide variety of visual effects that can be commonly, yet mutually, recognized throughout different compounds. In other words, the triggers impulsed on the visual senses varies from substance to substance. Some can be found and recognized in several compounds while other effects are more compound specific and do not occur outside of those specific compounds. There is a large focus in today's psychedelic research towards these visual effects, as well as the emotional effects that are supported by or threaded into the 'trip' or hallucinations. There is also a lack of information being supported online about most of these substances, especially the new and so called, 'designer drugs' or 'research chemicals'. This is called something I call 'psychedelic profiling' and it is a goal to profile as many different compounds into acute divisions and classes based on effect. Due to a great personal interest of my own and the lack of available research, first hand experiences, and advice on this class of drug, I have initiated this project.

A large portion of the website will also be dedicated to harm prevention as it is lacked in drug culture around the world and on the web. It is very important to me that psychedelic compounds are used responsibly and without injury or negative result. I believe all psychedelic encounters and hallucinations should be prepared and have positive outputs.

Again, due to a respect of traffic, I will not post our 'mission statement' or any official writings about the website. I do, however, propose an affiliation with Grasscity. The terms found in your affiliation program will be followed precisely before further actions took place, of course. Such would mean the posting of Grasscity links and banners on my webpages to promote the Grasscity Shop and /or forums. I would also include a column on the forums to redirect to Grasscity for any questions or comments on 'smoke accessories, marijuana activism, or marijuana growing'.

My website is in no way a profitable organization and I do not wish to make commission off of the affiliation services you already provide. My intentions are not to profit off of Grasscity or any of the other sites / forums that allow me to interest their members. I would simply like to be allowed to inform members of my website and it's purposes. In which case, those who share my interest for psychedelics could contribute to the collaboration of information or simply become more informed about them. I ask for no affiliation in return such as advertisement of my website outside the allowance of my website in my signature for purposes of gaining interest in the subject.

Thank you for all your time and consideration in this matter.

-idowney

2. Good luck with your endeavours and I hope you and the staff can make some grounds.. Cheers man and I totally support this idea :bongin:

3. #3 idowney, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2012
    Thank you for the support, Led Zepp. Given that this idea is accepted by the staff, I will inform you of where you can find us. :)

Hopefully this can be a mutual affiliation that Grasscity can profit off of. It is only right to assume that members of my forums and those visiting the website for the first time would be interested in marijuana.. right? ;)

4. We don't allow discussion of other drugs here lol

But there is a gc affiliate link you can click somewhere on the homepage of the forum if I am not mistaken.....

5. I see that now. Apparently the rules have changed on that since I last visited. I guess I have to wait on an answer anyway.

6. [quote name='"idowney"']

I see that now. Apparently the rules have changed on that since I last visited. I guess I have to wait on an answer anyway.[/quote]

You also shouldn't make multiple accounts (since this one is from this month I assume you have an old one hehehe)

7. I'm not inclined to even respond to that assumption. This is my only account sir.

8. Lol either you edited the op or I read it wrong, can't see edits from my phone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.